Motus Owners

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by kltk1, Sep 14, 2015.

1. kltk1

kltk1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know there have been more than a few delivered. Any owner's here that can give us a first hand experience review as to ownership so far?
    Jim K. likes this.
  2. dsw

dsw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hopefully in the next few weeks
  3. gobux

gobux Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing any ride reviews.
  4. dsw

dsw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my VIN so very soon. I know my dealer already delivered one if not two bikes
  5. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    So they're finally available to the public?
  6. joexr

joexr Banned

Oddometer:
    Hell , they're already sitting and waiting for parts . :drums
    WürmIntrüde and Husker_Varna like this.
  7. sarhog

sarhog Ride far...

Oddometer:
    Yours? Who's Motus is awaiting parts? Which parts?
  8. TommyJ

TommyJ Muscle cars, Kentucky Rye, fast bikes.

Oddometer:
    Mine's headed this way! Noob here, long time lurker.
    11117729_851650388204347_160733366378994494_o.jpg
  9. TommyJ

TommyJ Muscle cars, Kentucky Rye, fast bikes.

Oddometer:
    Found this on the web. Check out the canted valvetrain. I wondered why the little bumps on the valve covers looked like that. Heavy NASCAR influence.

095-PT_render_assem07_sm.jpg

Attached Files:

10. pmelby

pmelby Home Brew Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There's no doubt about it, that is a freakin' neat motor....:clap
  11. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    Neat bike. Wonder if there's a dealership out here?
    KansasArt likes this.
  12. davevv

davevv One more old rider

Oddometer:
    You may have noticed in the other Motus thread that I got my bike last Wednesday. I finally got to do a little riding the last couple of days.

The Motus now has 494 miles on it. These pics were taken yesterday afternoon at Lake Crockett, just north of Honey Grove, TX. It's about a hundred miles from my house, but only about 40 miles north of Commerce, TX where I went to college. I used to fish there a lot when I was living closer to it. Back then, there were lots of bass, crappie, and large bream in that lake. Great for fly fishing. Where the bike is sitting in these pics, it would have been on the front porch of the marina/restaurant/bait shop that was there 40+ years ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bike has been running great. Very comfortable and no hiccups. I said after the demo ride that the Motus is the best bike I've ever been on, and so far nothing about it has changed my mind. The steering/handling is absolutely neutral with no tendency to fall into or stand up in a curve at all. Just rock solid all the way through. The weather has been nice the last couple days without much wind, so I don't really know how cross winds are going to affect it, but buffeting from semis barely moves it at all.

Shifting seems a little rough/sticky at times, but there seems to be a little bit of "technique/finesse" involved. Downshifts are smoother if you blip the throttle to match the revs even when you don't let the clutch out while doing it. Like going from second to first, I might not always use engine braking in first if I'm just easing up to a stop. But the shift is still smoother if you blip the throttle anyway with the clutch in. I know, it sounds like the clutch is dragging, but it isn't more than any other bike. I'm curious to see how much it's going to smooth out as it breaks in and I get more familiar with it.

Mileage has been a very pleasant surprise. My calculation on the first tank showed 41.5mpg, and I haven't checked since. The on board computer is showing an average of 44mpg for the total mileage. Most of that has been highways or country roads, but a good bit of the highway miles were at 75mph.

I love having cruise control again, although this one is not very sophisticated. You engage it by pushing the "start" button at any speed above 40mph. It turns off with any actuation of brake or clutch levers or by pushing the start button again. There are no "resume" or +/- functions. It's either engaged or it isn't, no other options involved. But it does an excellent job of maintaining speed.

Another first on a motorcycle for me, an accurate speedometer. Some of the Harleys I've owned were pretty close much of the time, but this one reads identical to my Zumo GPS at any speed.

The Sargent seat is excellent. I've never had a motorcycle seat that I would call perfect, and this one isn't either, but it's up there with the best I've ever had. No complaints on a 250 mile run.

So far, I'm delighted. It's everything I was hoping for.
    VEXX, vegasphotog, Rider and 7 others like this.
  13. davevv

Oddometer:
    San Diego BMW
    5673 Kearny Villa Road,
    San Diego, CA 92123, USA
    858-560-2453
  14. Ray R

Ray R Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting your early impressions. It's nice to hear from someone with actual experience for a change. I hope we hear from more.
    kltk1 likes this.
  15. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    They do NOT have a Motus in stock, I assure you. I was just there two weeks ago.

Of course, I didn't ask about it either.
  16. guns_equal_freedom

guns_equal_freedom Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot can happen in two weeks....
    RedRocket likes this.
  17. flinders_72

flinders_72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on the bike. I like this bike and wish they were here and that I had the dough, and also like that someone has put something different and a bit radical, but still practical, into production. From afar this reminds me of the Hesketh, not in specs but in concept. Old Heskeths are being advertised for big money and new ones from the resurrected company for even bigger. The price reflects the cost of starting up and manufacturing of a high end product on a small scale.

I hope your Motus gives you some of the times of your life.
  18. davevv

Oddometer:
    Hey, you didn't ask if they had one in stock, only if there was a dealer. I doubt that any dealer has one on hand unless someone has backed out of a presale.
  19. sarhog

sarhog Ride far...

Oddometer:
    Adventure Motorsports of NW Florida in Pensacola has one on the floor, unsold, ready for delivery.
    pockomoth likes this.
  20. xtremewlr

xtremewlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Might not be in stock YET but they are most definitely a Motus dealer.