Mountain Madness 2019 - Flagstaff AZ DualSport event by CTR August 3,4

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by kbblue, May 9, 2019.

1. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    Coconino Trail Riders (CTR) will be hosting the seventh annual Flagstaff Arizona Dual Sport Event - Mountain Madness 2019 - on August 3 and 4. Since we had to cancel last years event due to forest closure and lack of rain, we've moved the event back a few weeks to be sure the monsoon season has kicked in.

This is an AMA/Beta National Dual Sport Series event. There will be A, B, C routes Saturday and Sunday, and a Saturday Big Bike route. Sign up for one or both days.

Headquarters will be at Fort Tuthill County Park, 3 miles south of Flagstaff along I-17/89A with easy in/out access for those wanting to stay in Flagstaff. Lots of room for the event, facilities for camping and lots recreation opportunities for non-riding family members.
    Information on Fort Tuthill location, activities and camping at:
    http://coconino.az.gov/279/Fort-Tuthill-County-Park

Registration is limited and is now open at:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/flagstaff-mountain-madness-2019-tickets-60659869302

Questions? Get answers from flagstaffmtnmadness@gmail.com or post them here.

Event flyer image (this says 100 miles each day, but actually 100 to 120 miles on Saturday, 60 to 70 miles on Sunday)
    MM2019_event_flyer.JPG

Kurt
    verboten, cse, Dan Man and 5 others like this.
  2. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Sorry to miss this event, it is the same weekend as the RMAR event in Gunnison which a lot of us are attending. Hopefully next year.
    apexfiend likes this.
  3. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    Heya Drew! Have fun in Colorado. Awesome area. They got so much snow up there this year it may take until August for most of it to melt. See ya next year.
    kb
  4. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good time. Will see you there.
  5. Bikedude987

Bikedude987 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few teasers from scouting last year!

cabin.jpg
    overlook.jpg
    rocks!.jpg
    spring.jpg
    tree.jpg
    Foiler and Sledred like this.
  6. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    BUMP:

We've been hard at work getting everything ready! Weather has been unreal: wet, cool, and awesome! The grass is going gang-busters, the flowers are out, and the streams are flowing!

Shaping up to be a banner year!
    BrockEvan likes this.
  7. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    A few more teasers from this last weekend! It's SO GREEN!

KIMG0874.JPG KIMG0881.JPG KIMG0879.JPG KIMG0883.JPG

Attached Files:

Foiler and Sledred like this.
  8. verboten

verboten confused Supporter

Oddometer:
    paid, see you there.
    On a side note, during the registration process it asks for the make of your bike and feature a pull down.
    Curiously, KTM, and a couple of other makes, are greyed out.
    Jim M. must have had a hand in this :)
  9. verboten

verboten confused Supporter

Oddometer:
    bump for a fun ride
  10. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    We're almost there! CTR is wrapping up a few more items, routes have been proofed, and we're in for a good time! Get your registration in before it's too late!

KIMG0911.JPG KIMG0912_05.JPG KIMG0915.JPG KIMG0916.JPG KIMG0917.JPG
    cyberdos and Sledred like this.
  11. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    What are the chances of just showing up the day before and getting in? I’ll becoming back from NM and am just not sure of my schedule
  12. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    There is always a buffer built in for walk ups. The biggest unknown is food and roll charts. If you have a GPS, you're good to go on navigation, and there's generally plenty of food!
    renogeorge likes this.
  13. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    Verboten! I heard you were back. Will be good to see you again. Thanks for the heads up on the registration page. I'm told the bike selection is fixed now. No worries if you already signed up and couldn't select your bike. We'll assume you have an Alta. :-)
    There were also some early issues with refunds being issued to some early sign ups. That's been fixed for a few weeks, but if anyone signed up and got a refund, please signup again (sorry).
    Yeah, we're a bunch of dirt bikers and eventbrite isn't high on our skills list...

kb
    verboten and Sledred like this.
  14. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    With the ride only a few weeks away I just wanted to say - ITS RAINING!!!! :D

Had an AWESOME ride yesterday on some of the trails y'all will be riding. It's gonna be good! KIMG1126[1].JPG KIMG1128[1].JPG KIMG1132[1].JPG
    Sledred likes this.
  15. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    Out verifying routes. Looking good!
    20190714_120226.jpg 20190714_120407.jpg
    We've reserved some tarmac at Ft Tuthill for those that are self contained.
    Sledred likes this.
  16. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    Here's the forecast - looks like monsoon will start proper tomorrow! This will probably only knock the dust down and tack up the singletrack nicely. Generally, it rains from 2-4 in the afternoon, but is sunny otherwise!

bring your PakJak!

upload_2019-7-29_8-2-52.png
    Sledred likes this.
  17. Nikwho

Nikwho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just found this today! What are the chances of getting signed up and getting a roll chart? I don't have a GPS. :-/

Thanks!
  18. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    Just follow the link at the top!

We should be able to get you a roll chart, however, I highly suggest downloading at least a free gps app (avenza) for your phone as there area bunch of extras and bypasses that are only called out on GPS. This is the last year we (and a bunch of other clubs) will be doing roll charts as well...
  19. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    To expand on this - it also depends on which route you are doing - there are roll charts for A, B and C (and GPS). The big bike route (C+) is GPS only. If you ask around at Friday sign in or Sat sign in and breakfast you can probably link up with someone else or a group if you want. We will also have some roll chart holders for sale if you need one. The email at top goes to person who is ordering and tracking roll charts and could answer for sure on availability. We usually order extras for just this reason. What route are you thinking?

kb
  20. Nikwho

Nikwho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use Avenza on my phone all the time, so I am very familiar with it. A roll chart would be ideal, still, until I get a proper GPS on my bike. So, I have followed the link and the best that I can discern is that Route A is the Saturday route and Route B is Sunday? I would probably need to stick with riding Sunday, as I will only have Friday and Saturday to get my bike prepped, an I have a bit of work. But, worst case, I could get by with using Avenza on my phone to navigate. Anxious to see the routes! Its probably all roads and trails that I am mostly familiar with!