mountain parkway offroad park clay city KY

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by postaldave, Jan 13, 2008.

1. postaldave

postaldave gone postal

Oddometer:
    pictures,
    https://postaldave.smugmug.com/gallery/4156128#242611585

here is the gpx file for my muddy little trip
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147489&stc=1&d=1200270789

the trails that i went on are the easy trails. most anyone on a muddy day on most any bike should be able to do these trails. almost all of them that end really go on up a hill climb or down a hole.

i had a good time, the trails where a mix of clay and sand and real soft to ride on. the four wheelers haven't done to much damage YET and there are no trucks allowed so everything is rather non-rocky.

i started off the day slipping and sliding all over the place and finally told the 4wheeler friends that i was with to go their own way. once alone i dropped my tire pressure down to 8 pounds and took my time. many of the down hill paths i would pre-walk to so if i could get back up.

i will be back but on a dryer day.

Attached Files:

2. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    I checked out the pics, looks good. I will get to review the track log later this week.
  3. DDACT

DDACT No...WAIT!

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it. I was...concerned :rofl

We'll have to go back when it's dry. It's a blast then.
  4. postaldave

postaldave gone postal

Oddometer:
    thanks steve, glad to know you care so much.

going to be some good times when that place dries up.
    some of the hills climbs do look kinda steep though.:eek1

btw: here is a google map of the GPX
    notice all the green open area on the right of my trails? there is allot of trails left to ride.

http://5united.net/MPATV.jpg

[​IMG]
  5. intothenew

Oddometer:
    I checked out the MPOR web site, the say camping is free, but I can't find any info about entrance fee. Is there a fee, and can you enter and exit from different points?
  6. postaldave

postaldave gone postal

Oddometer:
    the fee is $15.

you can't enter from the parkway entrance(unless you are on a dual sport and the gate is open)

you have to go to the front and stop at house and convince some drunken red neck to come out and take your money.(not exaggerating) :1drink
  7. DDACT

DDACT No...WAIT!

Oddometer:
    Oddly enough, parts of that place NEVER dry out. Even this summer when the drought was in full swing, there were places full of deep mud :huh I spent about an hour trying to get a guy on a CR250 out of a mud-hole last summer.

I honestly don't care much for the place when it's wet. Normally I don't mind mud, but there are limits. Especially in that slick clay crap.

We'll have to run thier hare scramble course sometime. It gets a little rutted in places, but when it's dry it's not bad. Supposedly they've opened up a significant number of new trails too.

Did you get on the motocross track any?
  8. intothenew

Oddometer:
    The web page said that it's a dry county. Maybe he's cooking corn on the back 40 somewhere.
  9. postaldave

postaldave gone postal

Oddometer:
    i didn't hear about the hare scramble track until after i left, i would have like to have tried it. i did play on the motocross track, i felt like a 16 old again on my can-am dirtbike.

i always felt like my crf230 shocks were to stiff, when i got out there one the track i changed my mine. man i need bigger shocks.(smiles)

10. postaldave

postaldave gone postal

Oddometer:
    dry county?:lol3:lol3:lol3
    it may be dry on the map but i know of a couple drive thru beer stores.
    ummm i mean gun and knife trading posts with a drive thru.