Mountain View Moto Campground, Elk Park, NC

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Festus, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like the weekend of the 23rd-26th is opening weekend. At this point the weather looks pretty good, hope it sticks.
    pike likes this.
  2. pike

pike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I spent friday night at Mountain View Moto campground. It was my second visit and my friends first. I'm always impressed with the way Mark and Janine operate their campground and even more with their friendliness. The area they are in has great riding and great food(Smoky Mountain Bakers is delicious). I look forward to many more visits.
    Festus likes this.
  3. hhall

hhall n00b

Oddometer:
    I agree 100% with pike. Great campground and very friendly hosts. Just a few miles from Smokey Mountain Bakers and great roads! I can't wait to go back. Thanks Mark and Janine!
    Festus likes this.
  4. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much guys, y'all are VIPs here at MVMC. We really appreciate the way you left the campground neat and clean and for recycling properly. Tim, at Smoky Mountain Bakers said he was glad you enjoyed supper and breakfast and hoped to see you again soon.

Thanks again and ride safe, Mark & Janine.
  5. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Several dates/weekends are booked this season, May 1st, the weekend of May 4-6, and Sept 29-30. We are starting 2017 with $12 per night or 3 for $30. Rates are per person.

Thanks so much, Mark and Janine.
  6. jccdkc

jccdkc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coming to your part of the country soon. Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I'm booked in the group on May 4-6. See you then.
    Festus likes this.
  7. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are now booked on April 23rd and 24th, thanks so much for calling ahead!
  8. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You must be with Roger, don't worry we won't hold it against you!
  9. YJake

YJake PAR Nation Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you guys take walk-ins? Myself and a friend may find ourselves in your area May 17-ish but our plans are very fluid. :dunno

-Jake
  10. jccdkc

jccdkc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, I hang out with Roger and Bill. I try to keep it quiet though.
    Festus likes this.
  11. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes we do take walk-ins, especially mid-week like 5/17-ish. Friday and Saturday nights it is best to call and make sure we have room for more. Hope you can include MVMC in your trip.

Thanks, Mark & Janine
  12. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome vintage bike show this past Saturday. Appalachian Brewing in Hendersonville, NC did a great job hosting. Underground Bakery was great with their brick and mortar location, as well as the short bus/ food truck in front of the brewery. SAM_5925.JPG We are full up this coming weekend, looking forward to riding with the KS boys.
  14. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adding WiFi to the campground next week.:beer
  15. jccdkc

jccdkc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just want everyone here to know what a great place this is. Words can't describe how welcome Mark and Janine make you feel. The facility is excellent, and the views around the campground are not to be missed. Do yourself a favor if you are in their neck of the woods, and book a little time with these folks. You will part friends.
    Festus and pike like this.
  16. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few quick updates. 1. The weather is supposed to be great for camping here this weekend, upper 60s to mid 70s for the highs. In the 50s for lows. 2. Wifi is up and running at MVMC. 3. We are also looking at offering to do some "mini rallies" this year. We could do dual sport or adv type rides led by riders with local road and trail knowledge. If you are interested, we could host 6-8 campers for each rally. At this time I am available on Fridays and Saturdays to guide. I will be able to start adv rides this weekend and dual sport rides in a couple of weeks. I have led several rides with our campers and they have been very happy with the routes and food stops etc. PM me or check out our facebook page. Rates for camping are $12 per night or 3 nights for $30. Guide rate will vary depending on level of service and size of group. We can do cookouts etc. just ask. Hope to see you soon.
  17. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
    Mark and Janine are the best, great people and great place! And I know Mark knows the best roads 'cause he rides some I scouted ;)
    Festus likes this.
  18. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For sure!
  19. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect weekend for camping, come to the mountains!
  20. TxTiger

TxTiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I camped here with 4 other rider friends the end of April or beginning of May, not sure. The trip was a blur. But very remembered is Mountain View CG. The amount of hospitality and immediate friendship is amazing. Firewood cut, weber grill, enclosed shop with seating, picnic table, residential style bathroom with heater (so nice after campground stuff) great tent sites. Janine and Mark are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Mark is a BMW certified tech for those who have issues. Prices are way too reasonable. We contributed to the drink fund to show our appreciation. They call their place Snake Farm, it just sounds nasty (Ray Willy Hubbard)
    Festus likes this.