Mountain View Moto Campground, Elk Park, NC

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Festus, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Smallfry506

Smallfry506 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks great! You guys will be my first camping trip of the season.
  2. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, hope to see you soon.

Festus.
  3. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few more pix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GAS GUY likes this.
  4. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your adventure starts here! We're just putting the finishing touches on the bunkhouse. We are close to the MABDR, the Smokey Mountains 1000, the TET, and much, much more. A few more pix.

IMG_20190312_133443843.jpg IMG_20190312_133523784.jpg IMG_20190312_133550425.jpg IMG_20190312_133558675.jpg
    Laconic, GAS GUY, PFFOG and 2 others like this.
  5. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Everything is ready to go. We are officially open and ready for campers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. TipiMan

TipiMan n00b

Oddometer:
    I recently spent a couple days at Mountain View Moto Campground and had a simply wonderful experience. Mark and Janine were super friendly, welcoming, and helpful in every regard. The campground itself is simple, clean, well stocked with firewood and kindling and a couple picnic tables. The shop and bunkspace is very clean, the shower hot, high-speed internet, and a mini-kitchen for prepping snacks for the road. Janine made cookies and muffins and had fresh ground coffee for me (very important!). Mark lined out several dual-sport routes that were fun and challenging. All around excellent experience, Highly recommended and I will be back!
    YYZ Rush, norton73, PFFOG and 2 others like this.
  7. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much TipiMan, Janine and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. We really look forward to having you stay with us again.
    Thanks again,
    Festus
  8. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Added another fire pit this week. The rest of the weekend (after tonight) is supposed to be perfect.

[​IMG]

9. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One more pic.

upload_2019-4-26_19-6-21.png
    djtrik likes this.
  10. Smallfry506

Smallfry506 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Send Ohio some nice weather so I can head on down to start the MABDR!
  11. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll see what I can do. Hope you can make it down soon, there's some great dirt and pavement on the MABDR.
    Smallfry506 likes this.
  12. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks Interesting. I'll be meandering back to Michigan from South Carolina week of May 27th and would like to overnight with you. I'll call this week to see about availability.
  13. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Another extremely satisfied inmate - Thank You !

Don't pass up the opportunity to experience this motorcycle camping spot and bunkhouse. Notice that I don't refer to MVMC as a campground; that's because it's better. You're not given a stereotypical slab of beat-down ground to call home for the night - and you're not just another number filtering through to pay the bills.

By the time you get situated here, you feel like you're at home and with family members; essentially you are, this is their home. Mark and Janine (the owners) are fantastic people; they are intelligent, personable, and want you to feel right at home. They also want to know you. They are passionate about life and everything that they do, and not just trying to make money. This lifestyle is what moves them.

Their grounds are small and tidy. The tenting area is a green and grassy peninsula that is surrounded by woods. The area has a small firepit and picnic table; this area was really calling to me, but I just couldn't pass up the newly built wooden bunk area.

20190601_210222.jpg

The convenience and coziness of the bunkhouse with the quality mattresses left no doubt for me. Plus it's situated within the building that also houses the small moto shop - so the whole essence of the place resonates well with this old gearhead.

Everything is well-thought-out within the building. Everything has a purpose, while there is no clutter, which gives the place a roomier than expected feeling. You never feel crowded. Wish I could institute such structure and organization into my operations. You've got 5 bunks, a shop area with 2 bikes, bathroom with shower, a leisurely seating area with a table and four chairs, and a couple of refrigerators and countertops. Everything is also immaculately clean and the towels are fluffy. As a prior cement finisher, I'd forgot to complement and inquire with Mark about the buildings floor; it was the smoothest and flattest cement floor that I can ever recall.

20190601_210359.jpg

Another bonus is their three dogs that like to hang out with you. Whenever I'm on the road for any length of time - I always get dogsick, missing my three at home. Mark and Janine have no qualms about sitting around and conversing with you over a beer until bedtime also. Good company for sure.

Any chance I get while in the area, I will return without hesitation. To be honest, I'd take one of their bunks over a motel room any day. I've ridden and spent the night in different places all over the United States and I can honestly say Mountain View Motorcycle Campground is different - and Mark and Janine are doing it right.

This write-up and review is not for them, it's for my fellow adventure riders and travelers who, like me, are always searching out those unique and interesting places and people - that inspire us to keep the wheels turning.

20190601_210110.jpg
    Laconic, Utrider1, djtrik and 2 others like this.
  14. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much Gas Guy. The review that you posted on our place is very humbling. Like a riding buddy of mine says "you can't make this stuff up" so it really hits home. Janine and I enjoyed meeting you and then Scott on the second go around, and we look forward to your return.

PS, you made Janine puddle up with all of the kind words.

Thanks, Festus.
    Laconic, GAS GUY and djtrik like this.
  15. djtrik

djtrik David Reusch Jr

Oddometer:
    GasyGuy, your words hit the nail on the head when it comes to describing Mountain View Moto. I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree with every word. Mark and Janine have created something truly special at their home!
    GAS GUY likes this.
  16. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    It is what it is .... you two deserve it ! Remember, I live in what I affectionately call "The Armpit of the World" known as Metro Detroit. So, when time is spent with good folks such as yourself, some of my faith in humanity is restored. That is refreshing.
    Festus and djtrik like this.
  17. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much David for your support from the early days. You are much appreciated as one of our frequent flyers. You, your dad, Chris and Jonathan helped put us on the map.

Thanks again, Festus.
    djtrik likes this.
  18. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our weather this weekend!

Thursday

[​IMG]
    Hi: 66 Lo: 44
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Mostly cloudy early; A shower possible through early afternoon followed by decreasing clouds; NW wind 10-20 mph & gusty [​IMG] Friday
    [​IMG]
    Hi: 70 Lo: 47
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Abundant sunshine with pleasant temperatures; NW wind 5-15 mph & gusty [​IMG] Saturday
    [​IMG]
    Hi: 74 Lo: 58
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Mostly sunny; Very nice; SW wind 5-15 mph [​IMG] Sunday
    [​IMG]
    Hi: 77 Lo: 61
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Afternoon clouds; Widely scattered PM t-showers; Warmer [​IMG] Monday
    [​IMG]
    Hi: 78 Lo: 62
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Partly sunny; Widely scattered PM showers & t-showers; Warm [​IMG]

djtrik, pike and GAS GUY like this.
  19. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
    "you can't make this stuff up" And when you are around Dee, listening to his stories, that is sometimes hard to believe!
    djtrik likes this.
  20. Festus

Festus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are having a Stelvio adventure rally here at the campground (Mountain View Motorcycle Campground, MVMC) the weekend of Sept 6. We are located between Elk Park NC and Roan Mountain TN. We're doing adventure rides and supper on Friday and Saturday. If you would like to join us, let me know. Cost is $15 per night for camping or $25 for a bunk, meals will be $10 per night (Fri&Sat). Limited to a group size of eight riders. I have many local options on routing to include a good mix of backroads and dirt. Contact me (Mark) for more details or with questions.
    Flap Jack likes this.