move along..nothing to see here

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by raindog, Aug 20, 2009.

1. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    After a long day in the hot sun..I headed back to the Hotel took a shower and decided to go ride through my old neighborhood of santa monica..it was still so hot and traffic was so bad i didn't slow down for photos:lol3 thank dog for lane splitting otherwise I would have stayed in my hotel the whole time. traffic really has gotten exponentially worse since I was living here.

That night I hit 3rd street promenade
    [​IMG]to just walk around and hit one of my favorite book stores Arcana unfortunately they were closed..but all was not lost.. I stumbled on a Korean BBQ truck i had actually read about a couple months ago.
    [​IMG]
    I had the spicy Tofu burrito and it was awesome and for $5 a filling and tasty meal:D..of course they were parked right in front of this place
    [​IMG]over 100 flavors of gelato:huh holy shit..I could live there:evil I got the chocolate and Dulce de leche:raabia

all in all a good food day:clap
    [​IMG]

I couldn't believe the ol Santa Monica Place mall had been gutted:huh weird.

also does every single douche bag in LA have to wear one of those shorty brimmed fedoras:lol3 jesus i couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting some dork in a hat. Chances are if you see what you wear on the star of a reality TV show or every other clerk at Urban Outfitters..it's time to re-think your accessories people:lol3
  2. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    raindork..:thumb

be safe bro, lots of thoughts from people that love you riding with you
  3. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    The next morning it was up early and had to go somewhere I spent all my time avoiding when I used to live here......that's right.....the valley:huh

Luckily my friend reminded me I could take Beverly Glen over the Hill instead of fighting the masses on the 405. I had a nice ride through Beverly Hills and up over the Hill. What are the chances in a town of a gazillion people..that same friend saw me crossing over Mullholland that morning:norton so he flags me down and we make plans for me to come see him and his beautiful wife and baby that afternoon.

so absolutely no pics from today:lol3 I told this would suck.

But my meeting went well and it looks like I might get a chance to pitch my TV idea to someone that can flip the "go" switch..I'll know for sure in a couple weeks..like all things Hollywood it's a lot of smoke and mirrors and dreams just as easily vanish as they appear. (fingers crossed)

spent the rest of the day in Benedict canyon with my friends family then spent hours with my best friend Max hanging out at Golden Bridge Yogic center I love that place..if you believe in 'energy" it's got a lot of the good stuff. although it is a bit distracting since it's the premier Yoga destination for supermodels:knary seriously..my neck still hurts a bit:D Great food by the way:D
  4. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    hola amigo..saw your pic a day:huh

see ya soon
  5. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    for those dying of boredom i do have a shitpot of pics from the ride home..I promise:lol3
  6. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    okay one more meeting and then I'm on the road home. So a good friend of mine who used to work for me i the art dept..well now he has a parking spot right next to Oliver Stone..so i thought I better call him up:wink:

I almost had him talked into a bike but looks like he's gonna be spending that dough on strollers..anyway here's Paul trying out the ride.
    [​IMG]

we met down the street from his office at this groovy lil breakfast/lunch place.
    [​IMG]
    I had French Baguette French toast with Vanilla ricotta and fresh berries..I ordered a side of Bacon but they forgot to bring it...rookies. anyway breakfast was great and it was nice to catch up with an old friend and talk a lil business and babies.

My phone rang and it was Max saying "you better get going it's suposed to be around 120 in the high desert today":huh so i thanked paul for breakfast, saddled up and gassed up..and headed for the 405/14/395 straight to the heart ofthe freaking desert.. :lol3Idiot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Johnny Dakar

Johnny Dakar Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I rode through a similar nightmare about a month ago in Death Valley. fuckin' downside to this time of year.
  8. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    so instead of heading back up to SF and seeing more folks I decided that I would go somewhere i hadn't been before and decided to head up the 395 through ridgecrest, lone pine, mojave etc..and make my way to Carson City.
    About 450 miles. I love the desert. I think it's landscape is a constant juxtaposition between life and death. I find it's landscape soothing..not like I find the ocean soothing..which is an enveloping and welcoming/relaxing soothing..the desert is more like the soothing riding your bike at 100 MPH for an hour or so knowing full well you can't relax..and also knowing full well that if you fuck up or someone close to you fucks up..you're done. That's how I fel about the desert..it's a beautiful place to be and can be exhilarating..but you can't lose yourself in it you have to be extremely aware of yourself in it..because it doesn't suffer fools and second chances are rare.

It's like having a picnic where you know there are snakes...
    [​IMG]
    Water stop..Damn do I need to get a camel back!
    [​IMG]

My god these had to be some hot cows:huh
    [​IMG]
    had to be about 110 riding through here
    all photos shot from moving motorcycle so that's why they are what they are:lol3
    [​IMG]
  9. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    I always trip out on the folks that have their little single wides out in the middle of the desert with no services or neighbors around. I envision people just baking out there in the sun..to hot to go out...what's happening in there..I like to think they are happy to be alone with the desert but by the looks of things..many seem like they are in some very unhappy circumstances..but then again I'm just a guy flying by on a motorcycle and I'm just interviewing myself on al my great opinion in the 2 hour raindog show inside my helmet where temps are hitting 10 degrees and my mind is becoming the breeding ground for a Oliver Stone style flashback sequence.

my mind is jerky
    [​IMG]

I need to thank Mike 54 for reminding me to ride without music. when I first started riding I never listened to an ipod. I was too fucking scared I was about to die to think of having another distraction. A couple years go buy and I start riding with tunes. I started to notice that I would do stupid shit if I was listening to some good ol fashioned punk..or just zone out to classical..I also realised that i was more tired after a ride when I listened to music and my head wasn't any clearer than it was when I started some times. So from SF on I bailed on the ipod and let humm of the road come back..and it was good.
    Thanks Mike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ooh..ooh ..look a turn..oh my gosh..a turn..finally.ooh I can't wait:lol3
    [​IMG]
    that was short lived
    [​IMG]
  10. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:

I think the pic is misleading.

The gps only captures the time the machine is running...It's set to the key..:lol3

Ya big stud.. yes, see you soon.
  11. CamoGreg

CamoGreg aka Camorpheus

Oddometer:
    :lurk

See ya soon.
    I want the finer details verbal.
    Big lummox.
  12. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    more pics on the way to Carson City.

my favorite was a line of train cars that went on for what seemed like forever.
    I was tempted to stop and try to get a pic but alas i kept riding ..pics from the bike.
    My dad used to work for a company that made 90% of all the piggy back cars for trains and seeing these cars reminded me of him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. CamoGreg

CamoGreg aka Camorpheus

Oddometer:
    David,

Whatcha packing for those point and shoots?
    Nice on-the-fly pics.
  14. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    it's an Olympus stylus 790 SW the lil waterproof shock proof one.

I don't like it as much as my old cannon p&s but I'm sure it's the indian not the arrow:lol3 I can only get decent pics in the daylight. low light sucks
  15. Nixels

Nixels Face fears - live life

Oddometer:
    :nod No tunes while riding! :clap :clap :clap Can't be in the zone if you're zonin' out to music. :nah

Great story - it's almost like we're there as it unfolds. :deal :lol3

Congratulations on the positive meetings, I hope they pan out for ya. :thumb
  16. mommer

mommer bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer:

you are a beautiful poet man... ride on :thumb
  17. NotBetty

NotBetty secret weapon

Oddometer:
    I know that cliff! Its just behind the Meadowcliff Lodge in Coleville, just north of Walker, which is the home of the "famous" Walker Burger, a great place to stop for a burger and milkshake! :D
  18. drrags

drrags Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer:
    It was 27 years for me.
    The desert is my therapy, winter or summer. I'm glad you came back that way.
  19. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    Thanks..I take that as a high compliment!

my feet have always been longfellows:lol3
  20. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    I almost stopped there..but they were closed. I coulda used a milkshake:D