Moving to Canada..

Discussion in 'Canada' started by trackbikes, Aug 2, 2004.

1. trackbikes

trackbikes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guys,

I am considering moving to Canada from the UK (my only living paternal relative is a canadian citizen) I currently Own my own Computer consultancy but feel it's time to do things i like! I'll have some money to invest in a business in canada and would Ideally like to get involved with a motorcycle related business. Does anyone know of a KTM or other motorcycle dealer who needs a partner with lots of good business ideas.?? or a motorcycle tour company that needs some investment

Apart from knowing a bit about computers I have raced road bikes and supermoto's and have run a Raceteam.

Thanks in advance for any help..I'll gladly repay it with your weight In beer!!
  2. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where-abouts in Canada you moving to?

I met a load of Geordies who thought they could drive from Toronto to Vancouver in a day :rofl Hell of a bunch to drink with tho :freaky

Boxermoose
  3. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    The Honda/Yamaha dealer in Duncan, BC on Vancouver Island is for sale. Lots of good roads here and year round riding. :1drink
  4. trackbikes

trackbikes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't mind really, I don't fancy quebec too much but I've looked at Nova scotia, ontario and BC and they all seem fine.
  5. trackbikes

trackbikes Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't mind really, I don't fancy quebec too much but I've looked at Nova scotia, ontario and BC and they all seem fine.
  6. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Montreal is a pretty thriving, cosmopolitian, city with lots of opprutunities - don't count it out.

There is an ex-pat - Rob Harris who runs a motorcycle e-zine from Montreal and Toronto. It may be worthwhile dropping him a line. You can reach him thru his website at www.cmgonline.com. Yes they are the guys who killed a brand new R1200GS during a watercrossing.

That said my most very favourite area in Canada is around Nelson BC, while Oosuyius (sp?) in the BC is a close second.

Boxermoose
  7. pitbull

pitbull Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go out to B.C . I think there would be more opportunities for tour companies and the riding is much better than in the east. I live in Ontario, just west of Toronto and it's not bad for riding here, but not like out west.
  8. d0gWateR

d0gWateR Goat Stuntaz DSMC

Oddometer:
    BC Sucks! It's all flat and straight. I should know, I live here!

I mean besides the mountain ranges:
    1. Coastal Range
    2. Cascade Range
    3. Selkirks
    4. Monashees
    5. Bugaboos
    6. Rockies
    7. plus a coupla more

It's all pretty much uhhh... umm..

Well forget about the stupid mountains, the rest is just rainforests, high alpine arid plateaus, deserts, sub-arctic rangeland, high elevation grasslands...and uhh..

But besides all that, it's darned layed back lifestyle is the worst! Everyone's into "the outdoors" and enjoying fine locally brewed craft beer and local wine from the famous Okanagan...

Oh but we've got a big fence! Ya! And dogs! Big attack dog's that shoot killer bees out of their mouths when they bark at intruders!

Oh fuck it. How do I delete this post?

Move along now...nothing to see here.
  9. Dawntreader

Dawntreader Tim Horton's or bust

Oddometer:
    There's lots of oil money in Edmonton, you just have to watch out for the 7 of the top 10 worst drivers in Canada.
  10. mitch

mitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    But on the + side no provincial tax :thumb and the Icefield Parkway is a great Rd.
  11. Dawntreader

Dawntreader Tim Horton's or bust

Oddometer:
    I Bought my 03 Dakar here and saved 800$ in tax. Grande Cache is a good ride too.
  12. R-1150-RS

R-1150-RS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice try, but there is no way that you can hide the fact that BC has some of the most spectacular scenery and roads in the country, if not the world.

Sure, the rest of our country has most other places beat hands down too, but BC takes the prize.

Now if you could only get a job and find an affordable place to live, the rest of us Canadians would move there in a heartbeat..............until we remembered that it rains on the coast more days than it doesn't........

Oh well, can't be perfect.

Gary
  13. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your only chance of riding all year round in Canada is to live in southwest B.C.. Riding opportunities on road and off road, with incredible riding right aross the border with the U.S. is minutes away. B.C.'s interior, Eastern Washington, and what I think is the most incredible place to ride on this earth, eastern Oregon and Idaho, are right here. Only New Zealand rates higher.
    With the exchange rate of the pound vs the Cdn dollar, you will make a killing buying a home here, and a business. And ride the shooting rocket that real estate is about to experience here as the Olympics arrive.
    Just don't tell anyone else, we don't want it crowded here.
    Ciao, Steve G.
  14. Hippiessuck

Hippiessuck Banned

Oddometer:
    don't move to BC
    we don't have the room
    Move to Ontario...
    or NUNAVUT
    [​IMG]
  15. Hippiessuck

Hippiessuck Banned

Oddometer: