MPlus: Headphone with HDNC™ & BT Intercom For Bikers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dan Alexander, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    OK I signed up for the Kickstarter program and think this has lots of potential so I'll start a thread of it's own. I like to ride with the Bose QC20 noise cancelling earbuds hardwired to the Zumo. Too much to try and get my Sena involved with the Bose for wireless. This looks like it'll solve the BT and noise cancelling all in one unit. They say up to 140kmph and no sign of the popping the Bose is famous for.

MPlus: Headphone with HDNC™ & BT Intercom For Bikers

[​IMG]
  2. webnetxpress

webnetxpress DakarEnduro

Oddometer:
    Minus custom molded earbuds/monitors (which I use regularly for intercomm and racing) i have never been able to get a pair of earbuds to work under a helmet.

Sure I can preposition them and get a routine down to putting on a helmet without disturbing them 'too much' . But pulling a helmet off and putting on becomes a chore. And forget about it if you are offroading. Any small touch of the helmet to the ears seems to dislodge the earbuds.

If this works for others, great. But I don't see a huge adoption by the masses of riders. If you are serious spend a little more and get custom molded earbuds, they will surprise you. Noise reduction is far better to me than noise cancelling and the audio quality is excellent. My 2 pennies worth.
    AdvNener and phreakingeek like this.
  3. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I have custom ear buds and I don't like them nearly as well as noise cancelling. Muy customs were waaay too easy to dislodge when putting on the helmet or even moving my jaw sometimes. Noise cancelling works better without the need to such a tight fit plus the product has variable noise cancelling via a rotary knob. Nice for stopping and talking without being like you were deaf.
    levain likes this.
  4. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Plenty of options for noise isolating ear buds that remain firmly positioned in your ear while riding or taking your helmet on/off. The Etymotic er6 and the klipsch x10/11 among them. I suspect you have used only earbuds that fit loosely iin your ear or they were too bulky.

If these Kickstarter ear buds can equal the slim fit of either of those mentioned above and not produce the popping that many users get when using the QC20 they could real winners. My brief experience with the QC20 was that noise canceling was superior to any other form of noise suppression.
    levain and Dan Alexander like this.
  5. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of ER6's as well and never got the isolating part done well with them. Nice sounding and nice behind a big windshield but not on a bike that has a lower one and I rode my 1150GS with no windshield to get the least turbulence and noise. So to counteract that turn up the volume and get double the noise. First time I tried noise cancelling I was hooked and even with the popping I still prefer that to the constant drone.
  6. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    got their funding goal met

https://www.motikom.com/

Dear Backers,

With your generous support, MPlus is 100% funded! We sincerely appreciate your trust and love that brought MPlus to live!

As the world's 1st Crossover Headphone with HDNC™ and BT Intercom, MPlus is on the mission to solve communication problems for all motorcyclists and let them enjoy the superior audio experience even when they are off the bikes!

If you love MPlus, please share our campaign with your pals to help us spread the word. Your kindness is appreciated!

Motikom Team
    levain and swimmer like this.
  7. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    The earbuds look a little clunky. How well do you really think they'll fit under a helmet? Looks great otherwise
  8. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] good question ... they say they fit fine but we'll see

"Motikom features the exclusive EcoFit™ patented design that assures it fits comfortably inside your ear so you can wear any type of Helmet from your collection."
  9. Peanut_Buttery

Peanut_Buttery Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dan, I hope you’ll keep us updated when your MPlus arrives ...
    levain likes this.
  10. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Will do, supposed to be sometime in April they say.
    Peanut_Buttery likes this.
  11. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    just got an email from them, delivery could be May or June or maybe longer ....

"Dear Backers,

Due to the COVID 19 epidemic situation, our manufacturing partner in Guangdong province of China is facing an unprecedented situation.

Intra-districts transportation in China is restricted by the government to prevent the outbreak of COVID 19. It caused our partner factory a shortage of manpower and materials for development and production. As a result, it affects our production and shipment schedule directly.

We are communicating with our partner these days closely. Accordingly to their latest update, we estimated it may slow down our development and shipment planning at least one to two months.

However, we are working hard to minimize the impact. We will keep you posted for any update and appreciate your support, patient, and understanding.

Should you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Motikom Team"

[​IMG]
  12. Gompie

Gompie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the Mplus since about two weeks. As my seat was off to someone to rework it I have tried it to watch F1 and ride the e-bike. Works fine with that... Got my seat back yesterday and it does not work for me. Bike is S1000XR Gen2 with a sports screen and custom raised seat. Noise canceling is way inadequate. Bose QC20 is much better

My Bose QC20's also failed. Outside the 2 year warranty, but they were a gift from my wife and she got extended warranty. Thus received a brand new Bose QC20. The new one is externally the same as the old one, but internally definitely not the same to me. The annoying frequency (Hz) of the pops, as well as loudness is way different. Still get the pops, but way more acceptable.

So back to the drawing board for me.
  13. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    Did you adjust the noise cancelling levels? I think there are 5 to choose from.

Mine is OK with the bigger screen of the RT. Possibly not as much noise suppression as the 20's but no popping so I can live with that.

Did you get bluetooth connected? I'm having trouble with the phone and gps but I'm no tech wizard.
  14. Gompie

Gompie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm no electronics wizard either. I believe it starts up at max level 5 by default. It connects to both phone and gps, but there is no priority switching. Twist right knob and it will switch between phone and GPS instructions. But I can not get it to play MP3's stored on the GPS. Think it has only one a2dp bluetooth tuner. Also tried to pair GPS as neckband device, doesn't work either. Weird thing though is I connect GPS as second phone, but it says 'neckband device connected' when I switch it on. To connect a second phone, same step as 1st phone, and it will say 2nd device. By mistake I tried 3rd phone, then you get 'pairing remote?' message. Must have reset Mplus and tried things 10 times. Just sitting on the couch and stereo on, QC20 easily kills the stereo, Mplus not

I'm now thinking Sena 5S on the handlebars, bluetooth transmitter on the 5S output, receiver on the QC20. If that handles volume then great. I can easilly live without a microphone. I do want ambient mode, but have in de past made a diy version which worked ok. That was the bose remote sandwhiched between two plates underneath jacket such that when yout hit it only the ambient mode button is depressed.
  15. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    When I turn it on it seems to go to max noise cancelling but I thought that was because I turned it off with that level. Maybe it is default.

OK you're obviously waaaaay more of an electronics wizard then I am. I'll have to drink my coffee and read that again slowly to figure it out lol

I wanted to use the gps for mp3's and for satellite radio wirelessly with the ANC and it won't do that? I really don't care about receiving phone calls .