Mr Badgers wild ride

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Me4speed, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Me4speed

Me4speed Dirt/pavement=Relief

Oddometer:
    Booked a trip with MotoDreamer and boy was I in for a trip 79a47568-857a-4f2e-b211-ec7dcfd9b0b9.jpg
    That’s mike from MotoDreamer excellent tour guide, I’m the on in the coat with the honey badger patch
  2. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    To start this out right I need to take you back to March if this year Covid running ramped nothing but doom coming from the talking heads on the boob tube, well I figure if it’s all going to end anyways twist the throttle and see what happens.
    So I purchase my tickets to Colombia, Lucky for me this Covid thing had drove prices way down so much so I booked first class tickets for the first time ever.
    I started internet searching and information gathering of what to do and where to go.
    Now I did a trip to Brazil the year prior and yes I made it out alive ( Covid hit while I was there) my main reason for going was carnival ) I would suggest any one who wants to go to carnival do so it was amazing, but this is a motorcycle blog so I will get back on track.
    After carnival I rented a R1200GSA and had a blast cruising up the coast from Rio de Janeiro, documentation of the trip didn’t go so well new phone and new GoPro both of which I played with a little but when it came down to it the newbie really showed
    Ended up erasing a lot of my videos and still pics, lesson learned.
  3. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    The adventure begins
    IMG_9151.jpg
    On the day I am leaving I try to sneak out of the house trying to be careful not to wake the dog don’t think I succeeded.
    The main thing is I was off 9429CA26-47F0-49F9-B943-A4121D0AB6CF.jpg
    65179949136__CAA3C172-3616-4C64-A3BC-377B39C6BAA0.jpg
    We’ll my flight was all messed up apparently flight time was changed,but I was not notified,apparently my flight left six hours earlier you could see my frustration under the mask, but that added an extra flight and a day delay getting there I won’t go into details but everything ended up working out and I was Colombia bound.
  4. achtung_omi

achtung_omi gettin' dirty & lovin' it hard

Oddometer:
    glad you got there cuz i'm wondering what happened
  5. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    6B721DB5-36E9-4E1D-90FE-57CDE7E6618B.jpg
    So from the airport to the hotel and that afternoon I was introduced to this beautiful steed an 850GS, now I have tried the 800GS in the past and was not fond of the power, but then I was riding a R1200GS ( at home in the stables), but mike assured me it was more than capable since we are of similar size. 3D5AE1AE-2084-48F7-90A5-E85E36060B3C.jpg
    My horses at home in the stables this is miss blue my first BMW and I’m still very fond of her. IMG_5136.jpg
    Black beauty I got her for my son to ride as he is new to riding IMG_7271.jpg
    That brings us to miss America she winked at me and gave my the saddest look like I’m homeless please take me home I promise I will be faithful and will always be ready when you get home,
    and put a big smile on your face, she can definitely make me smile.
    IMG_9175.jpg
    Ok back story out of the way.
    Well mike was right (Hey Mikey, He Likes It)
    Did I just date myself? Anyways nothing over powering but that engine can lug and get you through, and with the revs up she can move, nibble and light for off road if I’m liking it. IMG_9172.jpg
    So we headed out of bogata and beat pavement, that’s when it happened yes you guessed it that dreaded permagrin, you know that smile so big it hurts but you can’t stop, your being hit with so much mental information, physical adrenaline your mind stops functioning it becomes complete natural reaction, the curves keep coming, speed up out of the corner set up for the next one slow down because you don’t know what you going to come into next, is it a hairpin, is it a long sweeping corner, your mind just constantly racing through the options till it reveals it self, no speed limit just racing to the next corner, and that is never very far. dcd3cc35-3358-4a7c-bdf9-57346f3c64b3.jpg
    The Intensity is just a River of emotions some times easy going other time a raging rapids, but all the while that grin just keeps getting bigger (just think Joker yes now you got it).

Attached Files:

joenuclear likes this.
  6. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    N!
  7. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    Ok I know this is our of order but I just mentioned the river of emotions disregarding the actual white water rafting trip that also accrued, but once again too much to recount, let’s get this story rolling.
    joenuclear likes this.
  8. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    IMG_9172.jpg
    Started out of Bogata and once clear of the city and hours of twisties I looked up to see this the valley between East and West Andes mountains
    joenuclear likes this.
  9. jathkajoe

jathkajoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In.
  10. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    IMG_5125.jpg
    I know hard to believe that their are any twisties in this road but I assure you they are there, well after an incredible day of riding we ended up in Honda, which I always thought was in Japan boy was I wrong. So this town was built by the Spanish in the 1500’s known as the city of bridges there are more than 40 in this town, such a cool feeling and structures were incredible, you can feel the history in the cobblestone streets.
    IMG_9176.jpg
    My guide told me that if the indigenous people did not obey the Spanish they would behead them and roll their heads down this road as to get other to comply
    Thought about painting in some heads coming down the road but I’ll just keep this PG. IMG_9180.jpg
    One of the many bridges in town this one built around 1890 from the San Francisco bridge company IMG_9178.jpg
    Of course the town square where everyone meets to socialize ( pre internet I was trying to figure out how you tag someone here) do you just put a large name tag on them, any ways beautiful town IMG_9181.jpg
    With a beautiful sunset to end an incredible day then it hit me today was day one, I was thinking how am I going to survive this, my head is going to explode at this rate. What a way to die. So that was my saying from here on out, every morning I would wake up with a smile and say “today is a good day to die “ and I was not disappointed!
    Animo likes this.
  11. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    Day 2

We got up early, had a typical Colombian breakfast, fresh fruit and egg and dry toast, now I grew up on a dairy farm and that was no breakfast, dry toast really and asking for black pepper that was completely foreign to them it seamed.
    Well I insisted on butter and the pepper after a little bit of google translator and made up sign language, help me survive.
    So we saddled up and headed out into coffee country, and the twisties, they just kept coming, that smile just kept getting bigger IMG_9237.jpg
    IMG_9234.jpg
    Got a job that morning picking coffee beans and I was like a whirlwind going through those plants like crazy I thought I was setting a new record by how many perfectly ripe beans I was getting, I was so proud of my progress IMG_9233.jpg
    This is Juan the foreman look at that huge smile.
    Yeah I didn’t see it either apparently three beans in a half hour is not good, fifteen minutes later I was fired IMG_9231.jpg
    IMG_9236.jpg
    I did learn somethings these are maraka flowers IMG_9235.jpg
    These catch rain and save it for dryer times
    But hey I just wanted coffee not picking the coffee, so after I very nice cup (taza) of coffee as Juan meticulously poured and described the perfect temp and amount, he served me an excellent cup.
    jwc, Animo and joenuclear like this.
  12. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    IMG_9229.jpg
    Such beautiful country IMG_9228.jpg
    Was told this is the world’s tallest palm tree, I’m going on hear say here, as I was not going to start climbing trees with a measuring tape and double checking the facts given besides as we are gazing at this marvelous wonder of the world, we hear a somewhat familiar sound, ding ding ding coming from the direction of where are motorcycles are parked.
    Looking in that direction we notice a garbage truck slowly backing toward our motorcycles, the driver was looking the other direction not seeing the motorcycles, we ran over to the bikes making sure the steeds would be ok, making sure that they no longer felt threatened by the over sized monster of a garbage truck, the motorcycles were getting restless, and we could tell they needed the freedom of the road to release that anxiety, so danger avoided twisties here we come.
    Animo likes this.
  13. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    End of Day Two
    After a hard day of riding, Smiling and dealing with the incredible Colombian country side we Rolled into Popayan.

IMG_9254.jpg
    IMG_9263.jpg
    9a11a931-cbe8-41be-be14-51d4bc2648c4.jpg
    Yes I was captured by the cartel, but they treated me very well, and released me on good behavior.

We spent the night at an old monastery it was very cool, parts of it was still being used by the church as you would here Gregorian chants in some of the hallways
    IMG_9239.jpg
    IMG_9238.jpg
    This was a very peaceful place
  14. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    Day 3

Up early another beautiful morning after breakfast we saddled up heading for a volcano, if it’s clear we will see a lot if not we will see clouds, up at near 14k ft I was very spotty clouds just flying by IMG_9270.jpg
    a0fbfad3-31a8-47aa-9dc7-ffec9f48997e.jpg
    Getting higher waterfalls showing up but the green is slowly disappearing
    IMG_9222.jpg
    IMG_9221.jpg
    Volcanic rock
    Water fall
    Big smile
    Things just seem to be getting better IMG_9271.jpg
    We are getting pretty high in altitude this is the last pueblo (town) we passed through on our was up the mountain ( volcano).
    And now a short intermission brought to you by Honeybadger and MotoDreamer

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTWO5GBAQtS/?utm_medium=copy_link
  15. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    IMG_9275.jpg
    After a short rain storm we got out of the clouds and down to about 3000ft and in to our next nights stay, very nice hotel in a small town, once again we found ourselves to be the only ones staying the night, Colombia is open for business (Tourism)
    But nobody seams to know, which was sad for the hotel owners, such incredibly nice people. IMG_9310.jpg

But I now understand stand why Colombian women have such nice butts everything is on a hillside and they walk everywhere even in high heels.
    I would suggest anyone who can go do go to Colombia, beautiful country,beautiful people, and very affordable, and if you need a guide Mike@Motodreamer is the man to talk to,honest,and all around great host, very knowledgeable about this country also, and most of all very reasonably priced. IMG_9286.jpg
    Day 4

Then next morning we took a taxi to this place where they have found these statues like on Easter Island, yes very different but very little is known about these statues other than they are believed to be guardians of tombs and possibly depict social status IMG_9281.jpg
    This is a tomb,where the rocks are stacked is where the body is and the statue is watching over the body.

Attached Files:

joenuclear likes this.
  16. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    Beautiful!
  17. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    I forgot to write about the last pic I posted IMG_9291.jpg
    IMG_9292.jpg
    IMG_9293.jpg
    If you look very closely you can pictures carved in to the river bed, this was believed to be a holy place to wash a lot of the water was diverted so as to show the carvings otherwise at times would be underwater and not seen by anyone a lot of the time.
    IMG_9283.jpg
    There’s that handsome guy again oh and another burial site IMG_9290.jpg
    And if you can make it this is a frog not sure what he is Gaurding IMG_9302.jpg
    Beautiful flowers IMG_9304.jpg
    Snake on a rock View attachment 3197670
    Sexy guy in sombrero

Anyways this was an incredible place, these sculptures and carving all were created around the time of the mayans, it was so intriguing what the true meaning of these things are and what the represent
    joenuclear likes this.
  18. Me4speed

Oddometer:
    IMG_9305.jpg
    Why did it delete this pic when I used the word sexy
  19. jathkajoe

jathkajoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be the hat?
  20. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....