MT07 D/S, RTW bike concept.....

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by flipflopdog, Aug 1, 2019.

1. flipflopdog

flipflopdog Youth & Talent, no match 4 Old Age & Treachary

Oddometer:
    Gateshead the Grim North of England...!!!
    OK, I totally hate the fact that I just been offered an MT07 engine + loom/control gear. I've enough on my plate but this engine has been eyeballing me for two+ years now in the workshop.
    As a dual sport bike with round the world capabilities can I get some of the pedigree knowledge from other builders on here what on earth would you do or rather what would you build with this offering...???? What I'd like to hear is aspects of the bike and what you figure would be a priority, eg: fuel/range, suspension, wheel size, luggage options and most importantly frame design because if I do bite the head off it, it will be built from scratch..!!

I'd like to hear from you lot ok, think big and think outrageous. Lets see if you come close to any of my ideas...….
  2. VX Rider

VX Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    look @jdrocks, his bike builds appear to be the direction you seek
  3. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    in a old ktm would be a nice place to sit it.
  4. flipflopdog

flipflopdog Youth & Talent, no match 4 Old Age & Treachary

Oddometer:
    Gateshead the Grim North of England...!!!
    Nice thought initially but for sure it will get a complete scratch built frame, to be fair I've found over the years that making an engine fit in a frame it wasn't designed to start off it's life in is a tall order but as a contradictory statement and oddly enough, the CRF500L build I did says different.... Think overlanding and 50/50 off-roading as a starting point then please hit the 'Out the Box' icon...!!
    yokesman likes this.
  5. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    im buildg, riding a bike with the same criteria. after riding asian construction roads on a fz150 2 up for 3 seasons. will start to spent some $ on our RTW bike, roads of the world. but to desigh the frame and then position the components for a good lite balance is quite a project