Multistrada 950 enduro

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by exiledinaus, Aug 11, 2017.

1. exiledinaus

exiledinaus Get off my land!!!

Oddometer:
    I have read a few articles about the new 1260 engine on the MTS and each of them mentions a Multistrada 950 variant as being a 'possibility'... Is this idele wishful navel gazing or has anyone seen anything more concrete than that... particularly interested if anyone has read anything in any of the Italian mags/forums to suggest that its a reality...

I am looking to buy a new or nearly new MTS in the next few months - just currently hmm ing and aaahing about 950 versus 1200 enduro and if there was a 950 enduro it would probably offer me the best of both options...
    twflybum likes this.
  2. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    The 950 is a hybrid between the standard MTS and the Enduro. It has the 19" front wheel of the Enduro, but the wheels are cast and not spoked.
  3. exiledinaus

Oddometer:
    errr Yossarian - Thanks. The syndicate thanks you... I have ridden all the current MTS's including the 950 - I am asking about the 'NOOOOO' , 'only a rumour' 'maybe baby' official MTS 950 enduro...
  4. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I've seen pictures of the supposed 950 Enduro, but have never seen an official announcement from Ducati.
  5. speedkelly

speedkelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FYI, you can get some really great deals on left over 2016 Enduro's right now. I expect if you wait until the end of the year this will get even lower. Looks like Ducati sent to many Enduro models to the USA. Lots of unsold stock. I counted 10! at my local dealer here in Los Angeles. Something to think about?
  6. exiledinaus

Oddometer:
    it is definitely something to think about... but i'm in the UK! - so hopefully there are similar deals here...
  7. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    An option for the MTS 950 is spoked wheels. Shod those with some knobbies and now you have an enduro.
  8. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    The options list for the 950 has all the bash plates and wheels etc like the 1200 Enduro.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  9. slowdowntogofast

slowdowntogofast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seen a 950 with spoked wheels at my dealer yesterday. They are a budget multistrada and miss on a lot of electronics. taking one off road would be like taking a standard 1200 off road. But at 11 thousand dollars cheaper some that only do gravel roads and no hard hits on suspension they could be a good option.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  10. exiledinaus

Oddometer:
    yeah thanks all for the opinions... Maybe I will wait until Eicma in a couple of months to see if there will be an official 950 enduro next year...

I am really looking to vcreate something like the pic below from the main 950 thread - but to be honest... the extra 2k on wire wheels doesn't really make sense...[​IMG]
    muddy, twflybum and FREDO RIDER like this.
  11. exiledinaus

Oddometer:
    FREDO RIDER, twflybum and lc8john like this.