1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Multistrada 950 Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by ShutterRev, Mar 27, 2021.

1. ShutterRev

ShutterRev Former pavement princess turned wannabe ADV rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    LET'S SEE AND HEAR ABOUT YOUR 950 MULTISTRADAS...

Just picked up this feisty little pasta rocket, now the wife and I are twinning on 950 Multistradas. This bike has a personality, sounds amazing, and I think I'm getting close to finding zen with the suspension adjustments. Very open to suggestions for this bike. I'm tall, and not a featherweight, so I first brought all of the adjustments back to factory standard, and then have started adjusting everything from there, back toward closed/hard.

IMG_8171.jpg

I have made some posts before while working on AUX Lighting solutions for her 950 (white, below), we went for the Cyclops LED Aurora 2" Lights with DRL Halos, and those are fantastic. Mine came with the factory AUX lights, which are fine, though I would love to know if there is a way to keep the lights on with the bike ignition and use that factory switch, rather than having to stab the button each time you reboot the bike.

Wife's Multi (White) with Cyclops LED Aurora
    122465730_10159198901709119_867850565915894261_o.jpg

The Ducati tank bag the previous owner left on the bike is actually one of the nicer rigs I've used across the branded , even has a purpose built sunglasses cup :)
    IMG_8174.jpg

New adventure with the Ducati for me, my first pasta rocket. So far I agree with many reviews about the Goldilocks thing.... The bike it's self, and the power are not too small, not too big, just right. This thing really has a lot of giddyup when you crack the throttle, and probably one of the best sounding stock exhausts on an ADV I've heard.

Share your 950's, pics, mods, tips for new Duc/950 owner... etc I'm all ears.
    Quindio and motoman12 like this.
  2. Cochise701

Cochise701 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to buy a 950S. The dealer wants MSRP plus $900 dealer prep and $600 freight. Is everyone paying that?

FYI, $1200 total was the deal, different dealer
    ShutterRev likes this.
  3. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    $1,500 over MSRP seems high to me. One thing you can do is negotiate an "out the door" price, which would include the price of the motorcycle, prep, freight, sales tax, title fees, registration fees, and any other "fees". Do it over the phone/email and have the dealer itemize everything. Then you won't be surprised when you actually go to buy the bike. Be prepared to walk if the dealer reneges on what they previously quoted. My two cents.

Ride Apart had a article on buying a new bike a few years back. How to Buy a New Motorcycle
  4. Strick

Strick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a 2021 Multistrada 950S in GP White livery. I traded my 2013 Honda NC700X and this bike is a night and day difference. That will happen when you double the horsepower! :lol3

The DQS was a little clunky at first but has smoothed out nicely the more miles I put on her. The clutch is light and the suspension is fantastic. The exhaust note is loud compared to my Honda which sounded like a sewing machine! The MTS does have a beautiful exhaust crackle and pop.

So far I've added a Ducati brand top case and side panniers, sw motech crash bars, hepco & becker handgaurd set and will have heated grips installed with the first service. Heated grips should come with the bike at this price point, shoot, any bike over $10K should come with heated grips. This is my 3rd Italian bike. Started riding on a Vespa, then moved on to an Aprilia, traded that for the Honda and now the Ducati. You can say I have a thing for the Italian bikes. :raabia I think I will have this bike for a long time!

[​IMG]Ducati Multistrada 950S by R. Strickland, on Flickr
    equ, Quindio, Tenerrod and 2 others like this.
  5. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new ride! Really like that GP White color scheme, and the lighter color swingarm.
    ShutterRev likes this.
  6. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Exhaust is whole reason I have not upgraded. Plus all the more reason to keep cracking the throttle open...
    ShutterRev likes this.
  7. Strick

Strick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @TheWheelADV - Thank you! It does look nice but I've taken a little fun ribbing from friends who say Ducatis need to be red!

@motoman12 - I agree. The stock exhaust has a great sound. I can't imagine the Termi exhaust on the MTS!
    ShutterRev likes this.
  8. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    @Strick that's a gorgeous 950S! @Cochise701 The markup out the door is pretty brutal, but depending on what state your in the sales tax on the purchase price is going to be high no matter what when you do the registration bits.

I've had this thing for a couple weeks now, I have found that with my Multi I clean it often, gorgeous bike - or maybe I'm still in honeymoon phase who knows. I actually love the paint matched Ducati luggage, as it all looks really good, now my 690 is the grunge bike and the Duc is my pretty lady. Mine came with the HealTech Quickshifter.... update on that (Non-S does not have quick shifter, previous owner installed), I connected my phone to the HealTech and dialed down the sensitivity at the peg to avoid falsely triggering the engine-cut for shift, and now that it's set right for me - man that's a snazzy upgrade if your bike doesn't have it, It really gives the bike a fast and powerful linear trajectory through the gears if you are whoping on it.
  9. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    wow good to know about the healtech quick shifter. you don't have part number or box it came in?
    ShutterRev likes this.
  10. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Previous owner was awesome, and gave me everything, I am sure the paperwork with model number Etc is on the garage.

I'll go check right now...

Looks like it is the: iQSE-1+QSH-F1B for Multistrada 950 w/ABS

Edited to add:

It's effective for up-shifts only, downshifting you will do the normal way. For up-shifting it works best above 4,000rpm but usually you are wanting to 'quick shift' well north of that anyway haha. The phone app, and setting you can customize are nice, it's now set right for my size 12 adv boots.
  11. motoman12

motoman12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow! Great and thank you!!
  12. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Question for other MS950 Owners...

I bought the Alt-Rider rear brake expander, and Kickstand foot for my wife's MS950 a year ago, now it seems Alt-Rider has no parts at all specifically for Multistradas? If this is true - Sad Face - great products from them, a lot more trustworthy than getting noname parts from user 123xyz on ebay.
  13. StormShearon

StormShearon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you go to their website, altrider.com, and look around (not the best website for looking) you will find that they do indeed still list items for Ducati Multistrada's.
    ShutterRev likes this.
  14. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Hey yeah so thanks a bunch for the response, and of course I have - - lol - - hence the post - - but thanks! ! I do not see those two items that I referenced for the 950 :)
  15. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Seem to be missing some things...
    upload_2021-4-12_14-39-42.png
  16. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Also nothing for Ducati under sidestand, and yet I bought from them a year ago
    upload_2021-4-12_14-44-35.png
  17. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Update on the Alt-Rider Question for the Multistrada 12xx and 950 fans out there

@StormShearon in case you are also curious... I called Alt-Rider and they picked right up.

Alt-Rider No Longer makes parts for the 950/12xx Multistradas due to lack of demand to support their ability to make bulk orders for production, aside from their crash bars. So it's every rider for themselves to find any last left on shelves from other distributors of AltRider, but they do not make parts for the Multistradas (pother than crash bars) because not enough of us were buying them :(
  18. StormShearon

StormShearon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is good to know. I sort of thought there was not a ton of demand when they stopped selling their skid plate for the 950 - kind of glad I bought one when I did. So what they show on the website now is just leftovers? Most of the aftermarket stuff - crash bars and such - I bought SW-Motech brand.
  19. ShutterRev

Oddometer:
    Yeah it’s just too bad, I really like their rear brake plate, and kickstand expander - I’ll be in the hunt for quality substitutes for mine, glad I got them when I could for wife’s 950
  20. picknpluck

picknpluck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's my 950...I friggin' LOVE this bike!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Strick and ShutterRev like this.