Multistratta Enduro seat question

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by UncleCreepy, Sep 15, 2016.

1. UncleCreepy

UncleCreepy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm new to the forum and trying to get some info before I make a purchase. Posted in the GS section also. I'm looking at the Multistratta Enduro or a GSA. I've demo'd both bikes and am trying to figure out which one will be easier to make fit me. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam. None of the ADV bikes I've demo'd are comfortable to me in stock configuration. The main issue is the angle the seats are cut at. They all push me forward and it feels like you're sitting on your junk. I rode an S model and then the Enduro. The Enduro is definately the more roomy of the two. Even though it's seat is taller and not angled quite as much as the one on the S model it still pushes me forward enough to where it is uncomfortable. If it makes you uncomfortable on a short demo ride then it certainly will get worse on a long ride. My question is what seats are available for this bike that will change the angle so it doesn't push you forward without lowering it?
  2. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    I saw your post here, so I went to the GSA thread to see if anyone had mentioned the "upper front/lower rear" seat positioning. That's what I did on my 2010 GSA, and it definitely helped.
    On my MTS S Touring, I went to a Corbin seat with added seat height. Better for the angle situation, but it could still be a bit higher at the front for me. I don't know if Corbin has anything for the Enduro yet.

Oh, and it's called a Multistrada. :D
  3. UncleCreepy

UncleCreepy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OOPS, hopefully I can ride better than I spell. Lol
  4. edge2edge

edge2edge Evil Scotsman

Oddometer:
    There is 3 seats available for the Multistrada Enduro, was the bike you rode equipped with the tall seat? I have the middle level seat, and I have tons of room, but not quite able to put my feet flat on the ground. I am 6'. So see if you can try one with the tall seat installed. The bike is an amazing machine!
  5. UncleCreepy

UncleCreepy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it had the tall seat on it. It was much thicker than the one on the S model. The issue isn't the height but the angle of the seat cushion. The one on the Enduro I demo'd didn't have as sharp an angle toward the front as the thinner seat on the S model did but it still slid me forward once I started moving.
  6. andykeck

andykeck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the S, there are a couple ways to go. I agree that the stock seat tends to push you forward in the base position. Adding the spacers to put it in the high position flattens it out a small amount as the spacers raise the front of the seat slightly more than they raise the back of the seat. The option I chose to was the Tourarech comfort seat as sold directly by Ducati. It's thicker and flatter even in the low position than the stock seat. And in the high position with the nose raised more than the back, it's just about perfect for me.