1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Mush to Africa 2020 - Make the Husky 701 sweat

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Maikel65535, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Maikel65535

Maikel65535 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After American Loop (check the Report if you are interested into the prequel), it would have been obvious to travel on to South America, but for various reasons, South America lost more and more interest for me:
    • Adventure Happiness was originally planned in Kenya for April and South Africa in May. With the later shown North South route through Africa I could have accompanied both dates. Unfortunately, the dates were postponed by the schools, so that it is not longer possible to integrate it into a motorcycle trip.
    • For South America no visas and carnets are needed and there are plenty of affordable transport and rental motorcycles available. A trip on a regular vacation is much easier to organize than a trip through northeast and central Africa.
    Apart from that, it’s hard to keep up the motivation for a long trip with arguments like it’s cheaper or even more reasonable, you simply need to put your heart and soul into it. I was always very interested in Africa, but bureaucracy, risk and effort have always put me off. In the end the decision was made at some point, if not now then when. The planning and preparation is therefore very spontaneous and a bit chaotic but it will be alright. Who would like to give some recommendations for highlights along the route?

[​IMG]
    Joris van O, Amphib and Critic like this.
  2. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    I am looking forward to the Adventure, ride on my friend!
  3. simondippenhall

simondippenhall Simondippenhall

Oddometer:
    DanielSWE likes this.
  4. Maikel65535

Maikel65535 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Critic thankyou after a month at home I'm looking forward to that adventure too :-)

@simondippenhall thanky for the link, i will have a closer look at it for sure. I already introduced my plans to that facebook group and also to african motorcycle diaries. Many nice people in these groups. I hoped already that iOverlander is usefull in africa too. I really started to love that app.