must have accessories?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by gorider, Jun 24, 2004.

1. gorider

gorider Anim8ted

Oddometer:
    Hey there,

This is a new guy talkin' so go easy on me. I'm picking up me 950 tomorrow and I want to know if any one has heated grips that work well. Also if there are any accessories that come highly recommended from y'all for this bike. I'm thinking about the regular sized aluminuminum KTM bags since the dealer won't be giving me a discount for Jesse's and I can't see too much difference from the Zegas besides price. Any help helps. Thanks everyone! :ear
  2. Renegade6

Renegade6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased some heated grips from Dual star, inexpensive and work well. Aren't the free bags available anymore?
  3. Motobrandt

Motobrandt Free Opinions Here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Definitely go for the 16tooth sprocket. It makes the bike just right :) :evil
    Also check THIS out.

cheers,
    -brandt
  4. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    If you go Zega, be aware a pair of 41l bags is real wide. I have the 41/35 combo on my 640 ADV, and really wished I had gone 35/35. I am real happy with mine. Though for the price they should include the bags or at least a liner, and locks. It is pretty easy to line with supervisor tape (two sided) and toolbox liners, or similar, and you can lock with padlocks, or buy the somewhat cheesy TT lock kit. They are light, and fairly rugged for that light weight, and that is what counts most in my book.

TT, needs to move both the 950 and especially the 640 racks in a bit, but I think the possible combo of hot silencers and plastic Gobi bags is why the gaps exist.
  5. woodsrider

woodsrider .........................

Oddometer:
    You might want to consider some of these carbon/kevlar tank guards that are custom made by BigTwin on this site (send him a PM). KTM sell similar guards in their Hard Parts catalog, but these (in my opinion) are the cat's pajamas:

[​IMG]
  6. gorider

gorider Anim8ted

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I still think I'm going with the 35L KTM bags. I'll wait to get the carbon fiber bits until I break something, but they are definately the bees knees.
  7. Greg Minor

Greg Minor The Trespasser

Oddometer:
    Pay close attention to the excelent form of the rider in that picture at the top of the page
  8. Motobrandt

Motobrandt Free Opinions Here Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah That guy is truly a "one of a kind" :lol3
    I love it! :rofl