Muttoneering in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Iron Cross Junction, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Iron Cross Junction

Iron Cross Junction Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Va.
    Here is a photo-show ride report of a (mostly Moto Guzzi) run from the top of Virginia to Owensboro, in western Kentucky and back for — yes, really — mutton. :augie

Oh, and for bourbon, beer, and more. :D

Why? Just because, of course. :clap

[​IMG]

On Tuesday, 21 September, Larry flew in from Ormond Beach, Florida. He then "rented" my V7 III. Bob rode his V7 III from Rochester, New York. Lannis (Appomattox, Va.) on his Stelvio, and Dennis (Atlanta, Ga.) on his Kaw Con 1400) joined us along the way. Then, Sarah (V7 850), Doug (V85 TT), & Tina (V-Strom) — Kentuckians from Glasgow — met us at St. Mary’s picnic in Whitesville. Two others had to bow out, but are likely attendees for the next Mutton Run.

So … as Wednesday was an all-day drencher, we launched on Thursday morning.

My Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess Kathi spent most of the "Guys Gone" time in Erie with her dad.

The photos pretty much tell the story.

And, yes, of course, as usual for me, “too many pix;” but that's (some) better than TLDR like this post, and, besides, you don't have to open it. :rofl

But I did cull the original bazillion pix — seriously, 500+ something! — into a much smaller slideshow. Link below.

The all-back roads run from Cross Junction to Owensboro and back was about 1300 miles, plus another 200+ or so of local riding. I also added some with my backtracking to Lexington for a new rear tire. Bob, with his r/t from New York did 2200 miles!

As with most of my photo stories, this opens in “landscape collage,” so you see all at once without having to slog through the pic one-by-one. You can see captions when hovering cursor over pix. Can also just go to larger pix by using the slideshow option.

Here’s that link:

https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/Muttoneering-Sept-2021/n-VzxTGK/

I’m still grinning about these past several days of riding for mutton and more with some grand friends, the Muttoneers! What a wonderful memory.

Bill
    mbabc, havabusa, Ks-Rydr and 11 others like this.
  2. SoloRider73

SoloRider73 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great pics. I like the “Oil Summit” comment. I didn’t think Guzzis leaked oil? Must have splashed up from the road.
    Iron Cross Junction likes this.
  3. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing the photos and trip comments etc. It sure looks like a great ride!
  4. fortrider

fortrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet ride, thanks for sharing
  5. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Chethro and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  6. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    those are some nice looking rides, food...fine fine, fine gentlemen and ladies :p

thanks for the report...you making me very itching to hunt for another guzzi :p
  7. havabusa

havabusa Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love the pics...two KY ride reports on page 1?
    Is there anything better than a Goose when it's running great?
    Lash and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  8. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well documented, I liked going through the collage view. Thanks for sharing!