My 2013 F800GS got destroyed

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by B_C_Ries, Jan 29, 2020.

1. 4RF RDS

4RF RDS Adventurer

Oddometer:

:eek2 OMG. $78K. Makes me feel warm I have universal healthcare where I am at. I cannot imagine a $78K bill for a rotorwing medivac. Be well, heal and enjoy life. :thumb
    B_C_Ries likes this.
  2. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a $ reason why so many medical facilities have medi copters ready to go at the drop of a hat.
    Jimbobvfr, B_C_Ries and 4RF RDS like this.
  3. 4RF RDS

4RF RDS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yup... Sadly they also drop out of the sky at an alarming rate in the US.
  4. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great combination
  5. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been shifting to more off road riding , mainly because of other drivers being dangerous. I also love my DRZ for that reason.
    shuswap1 likes this.
  6. +venture

+venture Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hang in there. Your attitude and outlook are inspiring. I'm sure you'll recover fully and well.
    B_C_Ries likes this.
  7. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw my surgeon this week and I need to wait another 6 weeks before I can start attempting to walk. I'm not liking the way my lower leg muscles are starting to shrink, the trick will be to get some sort leg exercise without risking re-injury. On the positive side I'm fortunate to have a great girlfriend who is helping me, this would be much worse without her.
    ADVer and 4RF RDS like this.
  8. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    Hang in there. We’re all sending positive thoughts your way.
    4RF RDS likes this.
  9. avrz10

avrz10 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Beat wishes heal up fast! I like the ktm 790. Adventure. Nice low seat
  10. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Is that a cop?????

Oddometer:
    You should get both, after insurance payout and $ from suing the pos that hit you.

Jmho
  11. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got huge medical bills, (also have insurance) but it is possible that everything will go to medical expenses. Also, I still have 2 other bikes and it seems that 4 bikes is too many and 3 is just right.
    shuswap1 likes this.
  12. Jimbobvfr

Jimbobvfr Jimbob

Oddometer:
    Wow,wowzie wowzer!
    Glad to hear you are still aluve and typing. I have a similar background. In 93, I was t-bo ed by driver. Shattered rt knee, ankle, and rt hand. 8 screws, 3 months PT, and a kewl scar. Crap lawyer and no money left over(note: hard to sue in TX) fast forward to 03, when I was hit from the rear at about 50. Shattered L2 fusion, 6 months PT, and an addiction to ambien(working on that).
    #1 pain is temporary. A good wife/friend will be there regardless+just celebrated 42 yrs with my Wife, guess she's a keeper.
    #2 surround yourself with positive. Everything you read/ hear must support that. The Magic of Thinking Big, is old, but the magic is still there. Dr. Wayne Dyer also has plenty of good stuff.
    #3 PT is your friend. When I was not allowed weight bearing, I woukd go to the pool everyday, put on a lifejacket, and run in place in the deep end. Maintained muscle tone, and mental strength by exercising.
    #4 don't stop trying. With both accidents My life changed. The first one, I was on Active Duty and many expected me to jst ride a medical discharge, and just cruise. Instead, I recovered to near total fitness, including max score 6 months later. The 2nd time, a lifetime of narcotics and crippled attitude awaited. Instead, I recovered, got the right meds for the constant back spasms, and went on to teach MSF full time for 2 yrs later on - over 2,000 Marines learned to ride ir improved their skills.
    #5 don't stop. Send me a note, we'll get you back on that bike.
    Arbolmano and Tigershark48 like this.
  13. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm already looking for a new bike. Totally agree with #3. I will hide from negativity sometimes and deal with things that bring me down a few days later when I'm up for it. (A Mans got to know his limitations) I have a first rate girlfriend that is helping me a lot. Thanks for the positive story, stuff like that helps. I'm currently going through a little bit of a problem getting Physical Therapy approved, but I'll get it sorted out and even if I don't my girlfriend had some PT training.
  14. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. With your attitude, you’ll be fine. Just keep looking forward.
    B_C_Ries likes this.
  15. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the plan.
    Tigershark48 and shuswap1 like this.
  16. Ackme

Ackme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy hell! B_C, Jimbob; I hope I never have to face trials like you guys have. But if I ever do, I hope to hell I remember your example. :bow:thumb:super
  17. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    Everything begins with your attitude, If you can maintain and protect possitivity you can overcome great obstacles. If you can't control your attitude , you may fall into the deep black hole of depression and some people can never get out of that hole.
  18. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would also like to mention that my Alpinestars gloves with the hard knuckle protectors also did their job quite well. I recieved a lot of bruising on the back of my right hand as a result of an impact to the knuckles and I believe that without those gloves I could have suffered a broken hand.
  19. heatmizr

heatmizr n00b-tastic

Oddometer:
    Being cooped up for months without your right hand could get lonely! Unless you're a lefty :-)
  20. B_C_Ries

B_C_Ries Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm left handed, and somewhat ambidextrious. Still if it becomes necessary I would prefer to jack off with my non-dominant hand as it is somewhat smoother. Also I was born in 1960 so when I grew up it was necessary to use your non jacking hand to manipulate the magazine pages unless you were happy looking at the same pictures for the duration of the experience.