My AeroStitch Tank Pannier Install TE-610

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Apr 25, 2006.

1. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Front View shows left pannier strap(to rider) is velcro ready where as right side needs velcro to be unstitched and re-attached to opposite side.

[​IMG]

Close up of left strap attached to glued on velcro(Industrial Strength). Velcro can be found at Lowes for 8.00 a roll.

[​IMG]

Velcro attached to face of leading edge of fairing. One could apply more across top and at intermediate locations if so desired...

[​IMG]

Velcro on rear of bag, as mentioned more could be applied to further stabilize bags...

[​IMG]

Sexy :evil

[​IMG]

Close up showing venting ports...

Located a clip on oil fitting and radiator for bungee straps as a possible long term attachment point and will improve said clip if there is no risk to mounting point location...with this placement of bags there is plenty of room for rider but the top strap will need to be removed for filling tank and it's my assumption if not over loaded with wieght they will hold fine, time will tell and will update once a field test is done... Dan
  2. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    F-'in sweet, dude.... :clap

The hi-viz is a perfect match for that bike. Well done.
  3. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Fist, mucho appreciated...Dan
  4. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice job!! I love my stitch tank panniers, wish I would have gotten the yellow though.

I used velcro on the tank and bag to help hold them while jumping. Broke a strap before. Now no worries.
  5. Chadleys1

Chadleys1 working on it

Oddometer:
    How about a nice side profile shot of the whole bike, so we can see the overall visual impact?

I have ordered some yellow tank/side bags for mine also, although they are a different brand. I will post when I get them on.

I am getting the bike ready for a ride across Louisiana to the "Beast Feast."

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127114

I hope the bags work as well as they look, because they look very cool!
  6. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    That looks sweet:thumb any side view pic's??? are ya gettin saddlebags at all??,
  7. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are side shots, will get daylight pics and - with mud, soon:rofl...Dan

Yes getting the same ones Bigdog got, Dirtbags from Motosport, They will send them unpainted ( 20.00 discount) upon request and you will need to modify and finish...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the linky Buffalo Dan---------nice job !!! I wonder if we can fill those panniers with gasoline :eek1
  9. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kolpin's won't fit. Looked at the MSR bottles just the other day :wink:. With some padding around them they may be the ticket until we can find a better alternative. I have thought of figuring out a way to mount the Kolpin's to the rear racks and if possible actually connecting them for direct feed to the fuel system. Haven't thought it through but will be working on some extended fuel set up...Can't wait to see your Light setup and probably gonna do the same.

Dan