"MY" Dual Sport Bike Ratings

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by OhioPT, Dec 29, 2007.

1. PenGun

PenGun Old and In The Way

Oddometer:
    Hmm the ravine just down the power line looks kinda like that on the east side, not as used though ;). Of course it's part of the drainage of Arrowsmith Mt which stands over 5000' just a few miles to the west of the ravine. I'd call that an easy crossing myself. Probably won't need the block and tackle.

It's all relative folks.

Have a A Great New Year each and everyone of ya.
  2. gus

gus Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thats what I tell everyone who ask me about what dirt bike to get. How many people have ever taken your advice? Most just ignore me (even though they asked in the first place) and just go buy the most expensive bike they can afford. After all Dirt Bike Rider Magazine says the MEXC525 with the big bore kit is the best bike and will make you the fastest rider and you will look cool with it on the trail.
  3. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    You got to love propaganda!:rofl
  4. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    what is all this talk about a real hill climb????

[​IMG]
  5. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    did you tilt the picture or something???:D
  6. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    can you learn form these mistakes?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6ujFNJIRtc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l6ujFNJIRtc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

it is all weight and nothing else :eek1
  7. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    east or west?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjKVITPo7To&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjKVITPo7To&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  8. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost ya on the east and west also??

You just gave vid links?

Please explain.
  10. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    sorry corrected the link
  11. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, those guys need either a heavier bike, or learn how to let off the throttle:rofl :rofl

Pretty cool, pretty funny, but pretty cool.

Now that second vid is pretty darn good entertainment!!!!!! I always love those vids. Man that would be a blast!!!

You know of course that we got hill here in the east that those fellows wouldn't have a shot at. But of course we are talking a different type of climbing. Thats a cool vid!!!
  12. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
  13. Ben10

Ben10 Expert Trespasser

Oddometer:
    In Alaska it's so cold we only ride on volcanos because it's warmer. All of the hillclimbs have Lava. They are pretty much the hardest trails ever. End of debate. :lol3

Attached Files:

14. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 :deal
  15. thetoecutter

thetoecutter Cutter of Toes

Oddometer:
  16. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
  17. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Really?
    "I'm a new KLR650 owner. There was simply NOTHING else on the market that came close to the KLR specs or PRICE."
  18. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Well, I guess everyone who has ridden there (including offroad EXPERTS and magazine editors) who says it's the hardest place they've ever ridden is just full of shit. Pictures don't always show how technical the terrain is, so maybe I should have tried to give a better perspective:

The read circle is around one of our riders who got stuck on this hillclimb. It is extremely steep towards the top of the hill, as well as being a VERY loose surface (which you can see in the 2nd photo below):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, it's kinda difficult to see how massive this hill is. If you look closely, you can see me ridding up (toward the bottom of the photo, followed by my father-in-law, and another one of our riders at the top). Again, this is a very loose and rocky trail, no matter which line you pick. The 2nd photo is a view looking down from the top. You can see the riders at the bottom (circled in red).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fact that all those trails in that picture are loose, rocky, and washed-out raises the technicality substantially. If you don't know this, it's because you don't do this type of riding. Like I said TALK IS CHEAP. If you want to argue about "my riding vs. yours" START YOUR OWN THREAD, AND THEN POST UP SOME PICTURES OF YOUR RIDING.
  19. Noreaster

Noreaster Fat and Cuddly again

Oddometer:
    What I don't understand is how I can click on a thread title here on ADVrider and be whisked away to Th*#per Talk? Some one even hacked a sweet ADVskin over the thread!
  20. thetoecutter

thetoecutter Cutter of Toes

Oddometer:

:rofl:rofl so true.