1. Livestream NOW at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

My epic ride - 13 days through the Alps with AMT.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeanCounter, Jul 27, 2017.

1. BeanCounter

BeanCounter User Name Challenged

Oddometer:
    Returned a couple of weeks ago from a two week tour through the Alps with Adriatic Moto Tours. I'm not trying to make this a commercial but the trip was so beyond everything I thought it would be when I signed up that this will certainly read like a commercial.

I took their big Alps Deluxe & French Riveria tour. http://www.adriaticmototours.com/Guided-Tours/alps-deluxe--french-riviera/Overview/

There were a few main roads, by few I mean 2 or maybe 3, but otherwise they only showed us the out of the way small high pass roads and, of course, every major pass in the Alps through Switzerland, Italy, Austria and France. Guided with best places to stay and best places to eat.

Anyway my peoples at work demanded a trip log with pictures so I turned my FB account back on and logged my days. If you are interested I am jburtonsimmonds on FB and it is completely open to public so you don't have to admit to being my friend. :rofl

There should be some type of health warning on tours like this because this was a totally physical ride. The mileage looks low for Iron Butt riders but each day is a full day and you are ready to drop at the end ... then you realize that you are in Europe and they don't want to start their 2 hour dinners until 8:00 :eekers.

This tour was so much more than I could ever imagine. The guides were on another level, the roads were out of the way, they took the time to show and talk about the history and significance of every place we stopped. My once in a life time trip.

I hate FB but think this is the direct link to my page. Go to the bottom and walk your way up.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000781711671

let me know if it doesn't work. :y0!

Thanks for reading.
    Suncoaster likes this.