My first trip in USA (Mexico to Canada) was cancelled but the plan B has been great

Discussion in 'Americas' started by jaumev, Dec 16, 2017.

1. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    Dubblju in San Francisco has a Monster 696. I would like to do a couple days on a Hyperstrada/Hypermotard 939 though. I only see sport bikes and the Multi 1200 in your area.
  2. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Yeah, I don’t know what they rent, just Ducati’s is all I know. Not dubbleju, I’ll find the website.
  3. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Rentaducati.com. Motorepublic.com
  4. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well... I hope to come to USA one day. It was a great disapointment when I had to change plans. But I must admit that the trip to the Balkans has been incredible, 18 days and nearly 6000 km visiting fantastic places. All was perfect, even the end in the Hellas Rally.

Best regards guys and thank for your help!

http://traildreamer.com/category/viajes/balkans-tour-ducati-multistrada/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ducati factory

[​IMG]

Plitvice lakes (Croatia)

[​IMG]

Abandoned airport in Croatia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina)

[​IMG]

Near Sarajevo

[​IMG]

Durmitor National Park (Montenegro)

[​IMG]

Kotor bay (Montenegro)

[​IMG]

Teth valley (Albania)

[​IMG]

Mountains in the north of Greece

[​IMG]

Meteora (Greece)

[​IMG]

In the Hellas Rally (Greece)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    95Monster and Lupin 3rd like this.
  5. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Didn't realize how beautiful that part of the world is, wow. Thanks for post the photos.
    jaumev likes this.
  6. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nor did I. Absolutelly marvelous. Some of those countries still to explore. Albania for exemple, or Montenegro... I would liked to have much more time to visit them!!
    I also was very shocked with the terrible marks of the civil war in Mostar and Sarajevo. Most of the buildings still having holes of the bullets, there where hundreds of tombs...
    In Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina they still have places with mines under the soil so the children couldn't go to play... terrible. But the life still going on.

If you like the pics in my blog I'm posting hundreds of them: http://traildreamer.com/category/viajes/balkans-tour-ducati-multistrada/
  7. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your English is much better than my Spanish, but I'll "read" your blog for the pictures.

Looks like you had a Super Tenere before your Duc. How would you compare and contrast them? Not just abilities, but intrinsic feelings while riding them?
    jaumev likes this.
  8. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well... I have a "survival spanglish" :D
    I think that just the pictures worth it, the rest is bla,bla,bla... :fpalm

Yes, I had a fully equiped Super Ten.
    The Yam is a very nice bike but the Multistrada has a lot more of posibilities to transform it from a tourer to a really sport bike. The electronic is incredible with all those options. For example ABS only in the front wheel in Enduro mode (in the Yam you couldn't disconnect the ABS which is anoying in off road). The Duc it's also a more exiting bike... and beautifull.
    I think now the S10 looks old compared to the Ducati, it needs an upgrade. But it is a very reliable and strong bike. I did lot of hard off road and I didn't had any issue at all. Only the side vent in a crash.
    I had really good moments with that bike :raabia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    95Monster likes this.
  9. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    That looks like a great trip! That bike looks like a good one to do it on, too. I was not aware Ducati was offering a more adventurized package. I'd love to see it available on the smaller Multi as well. The 950 is available with spoke wheels, though, so that's a big head start.

[​IMG]

There are still some damaged areas in Dubrovnik too, even though they have been working hard to repair it.
    jaumev likes this.
  10. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes the Enduro is a great bike and more capable in off road than it looks. With a previous one (the red one in that picture) I crossed Spain from Sevilla to Barcelona doing hard off road and worked really well.
    For a long trip as I did in the Balkans is very confortable and plenty of power and space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 950 is a very logical bike, probably more than the big 1200.
    Ducati offer a version of it with spoke wheels and a good bash plate but unfortunatelly the suspensions are too short for a more serious off road. Even so you can ride it nicely in off road if you know the limits.
    Then in asphalt it is a fantastic bike.

I had one a weekend in Fuerteventura (Canary Islands) and I loved it:

[​IMG]
    Lupin 3rd likes this.
  11. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your Duc replies. That is a captivating motorcycle.
    jaumev likes this.