My Honda CTX1300 (My Girl)

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Clampett, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is one each at my local stealership....but listed at 12k , 13k. I'm going to go by today and probably get myself in trouble with the wife.....they matched my versys650 price with a cycle trader ad price when I purchased it last year.
    EZMoney and Clampett like this.
  2. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Waiting to :ear back from ya.....
    If it is a good deal, let me know the dealer/deal so I can post it on the CTX forum....(on which one that is left after you make your purchase!!!!)
  3. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing yet, stopped by and the salesperson I used last year was off so left him a message yesterday.
    Clampett likes this.
  4. Collinsmixer

Collinsmixer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great thread Clampett! I own a Silver Wing and will be buying a CTX1300 soon. Might get the standard since you said the ABS isn't a big deal on these bikes. I don't need a sound system. I'm 6'2" and my knees just miss the cylinder head. I like the standard position. About $8k here in Cali. Again, one of the best threads I've seen!
    rascalman and EZMoney like this.
  5. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    @Collinsmixer
    Thank you. I'm guessing you mean the Silver Wing scooter and not the old GL? I've had a couple of the scooters and am currently shopping for another one. No, not giving up the CTX. I finally talked the wife into letting me have 2 in the stable. If you haven't already, come on over to the CTX forum. My user name there is WillaJabir and I use the same avatar so I'm easy to spot hahahaha.
    A few things deter some riders, but the things that COULD be a problem are the leg room against the cylinders. Not just your height, but your leg length and how you sit can have an adverse effect. We have several riders that are your height and do fine, yet some have longer legs and never could fit.
    One other thing is the sensitive throttle. For me, no problem. For some, it was too much. Coming from a scooter or cruiser is more difficult than from a sport bike IF this is a problem.
    Arrange a test ride first, if you can. I am one that loves this bike, but I understand it isn't for everyone.

I've been lax in posting lately, not because I'm not riding, but because I've been riding the same roads and nothing new to take shots of. My vacation got canceled this year due to family illness. As they say, life got in the way.
    Let me know if you come over to the CTX forum with a different user name. You can get plenty of info specific to the CTX there that may help you enjoy it more.

Last note....I assume you have seen the bike in person. The photos don't do her justice. When I saw photos by Honda, I didn't give her a 2nd look. But when I went to the stealer to look at another bike and saw her sitting there on the floor, well, the salesman knew from the look on my face he was making money that day!!!!!
    bobw likes this.
  6. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Finally got out for a short ride away from my routine today. Got a tag and a post office.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    rascalman and EZMoney like this.
  7. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Visited Palasades Park today for a tag.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    MizzouRider and EZMoney like this.
  8. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Haven't been riding much except to visit mom and back. Today I decided to stop and take a couple shots of murals on local stores. Funny how you see something every day and don't pay attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    EZMoney and fireman1028 like this.
  9. fireman1028

fireman1028 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve been through Coaling on the way to one of the most beautiful places in the world: Bryant Denny Stadium.

Clampett likes this.
  10. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Well, when you right, you right!!!!!!! Fixed that bad link too. Thanks.
    While 'Bama may not have the majestic mountains or canyon carving roads, we do have our Dynasties!!!!!!
    Panda is a bit upset with me leaving her in the garage the past couple months too. Bride rode once with me and I thought it might be more, but alas, it was only the one time.
    I'm thinking she did it just to upset Panda.....
    blacktruck and fireman1028 like this.
  11. RJ44

RJ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm really enjoying all of the pictures that you have shared. I'm glad to see that you are still rolling along on the CTX....looks like a great, underappreciated bike.

Rob
  12. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thanks Rob. I started just as a day report but kept it in this section due to low interest in this bike. To me it is great. I've also recently purchased a Silverwing scooter.
    I need to start getting back on the road again. Taking care of aging parents is rough and time consuming. Not complaining, just the facts.

I enjoy the short rides and making humorous posts. The long rides are fun too, but different. So many inmates have posted their photos/ride reports and they have helped when suffering from cabin fever. Hopefully, I've returned the favor to some.
    MizzouRider and blacktruck like this.
  13. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was curious and this thread popped up while doing a search on CTX1300's. Man, you've been riding! Congrats on retirement. :thumb
    Clampett likes this.
  14. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Retirement can be good or bad. So busy working for others, I wonder how I had time for a job. I also have a scooter and have been posting more about it lately.

Guessing you already checked out the CTX1300forum website? I use different user name but the same avatar there. Several CTX riders here are also there.
    While I love the bike, it isn't for everyone. Highly recommend reading up on the other forum if you haven't already. Read most of the negative things you can so you know the down sides. I have no regrets with my purchase because I was ready with the info. Sounds like you already doing a good search, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Hoping to see you on the CTX board with a report of smiles per mile!!!
  15. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just spent 1900 wonderful miles on my CTX1300. Went to Kentucky for a CB1100 rally. Great roads in the Dan Boone Nat Forest. Time for an oil change. Leaving for Colorado in a couple weeks.
    Great bike once I put on some handle bar mirrors and removed all the handle bar weights. Had a funky vibe on back roads funky vibe is gone now.

photo.JPG

IMG_0544.jpg

Had a green Moto Guzzi chasing me on The Rattlesnake for a spell
    I represented Honda well these 731# tanks will corner just fine in the right hands

Three people asked me at gas stops if this was the new Gold Wing
  16. drdfblackm

drdfblackm VeeFeer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What kind of mileage and range are you guys getting on this bike? I am trying to find one locally to me to throw a leg over but any tall people...I'm 6'3"....ride this bike?

Anyone in Arizona have one of these?

Very interested.
  17. CbDude

CbDude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :raabia
  18. smack doogle

smack doogle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'3 also and have been riding it since I bought it new in March. Roughly 7000 miles in 5 months. Commuting from southern MD to DC I average 44 mpg (112 miles round trip, highway and gridlock mix). My last trip to upstate NY got me 41mpg over 820 miles but there was a lot of full throttle riding and 80mph highway cruising.

My only complaint is some buffeting with the Honda touring windscreen. I've been told an xscreen helps but haven't tried it yet. Its pretty comfy and 600 mile days are easy, even with the stock seat and bead cover. Highway pegs would be nice and will probably be my next mod. At first I didn't like the CTX because I was trying to ride it like my VFR. Once I slowed down and enjoyed the ride the bike became much more enjoyable. Good luck in your search, hell of alotta bike for cheap. I've seen used ones go in the low $6's.
  19. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can't help you with the tall guy thing. I am 5'8" and it fits me perfect. On our recent trip to Colorado I had a few 200 mile tanks (5 gallon cap)

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9383.JPG

IMG_9426.JPG

IMG_9431.jpg

Just turned 10,000 miles on the odometer in the first year.
    This bike was a steal at $6800 new in August 2017 but I had a three year old bike as soon as I left the dealer's lot.
    I need a couple tires,,,
  20. drdfblackm

drdfblackm VeeFeer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Also looking at the F6B.

The CTX is a great looking bike to me. Hoping I can find one close to just sit on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk