My Honda CTX1300 (My Girl)

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Clampett, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    It is a great bike in general. On fuelly, they range from 35 to 46 mpg between about 13 different bikes. Mine seems to be the highest average and also has the most fill ups. I ride year round and don't hot rod. Don't use hyper mile techniques either. Just ride for fun.

As for fit, 6'3" isn't going to be enough to compare to others. If you want to know about fit from the saddle to the ground, you need to talk to folks with the same inseam.
    If you want to know about how the wind hits your upper body/head, then need to match someone that sits the same in the saddle. Easiest is to find someone your height with the same inseam.

The tall windshield has 2 ducts at the bottom that helps eliminate buffeting. On the CTX forum, the most ( not all) have found the helmet to be the worst culprit for buffeting.
    Go join the forum, use the search function, then ask more specific questions. They are a very helpful group and not the type that try to butter you up so you buy it. If they think it won't fit you, they tell you point blank.

When you buy it (or don't) still come back here and let us know what you decided and why.
  2. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    @siyeh
    Great pics. Thanks for posting them. Feel free to post and update here as you wish. I've sold My Girl due to my own personal reasons. I miss her a lot.
    I'm now in the Battle Scooter section...... :hide
  3. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong with scooters! I have a 2019 Super Cub coming to share garage space with the CTX1300
    Clampett likes this.
  4. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread. Fun to read. I bought a used CTX 1300 last year from a Dr up in northern IL. A retirement present for myself. Had almost 5,000 miles on it when I got it. 12,000 on it now. First trip was 4,000+ miles out west. NE, SD, ND, MT, ID, WY, and CO. Great bike so far. I was just looking for something comfortable to eat up miles. The CTX is perfect for that. Also using it for TOH sites, and photo TAGs. IMG_2066.JPG IMG_0863.jpg
    mrbreeze, EZMoney and Clampett like this.
  5. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Thank you. I sold mine. I do miss her. Responsive. Torque. Comfortable. Smooth. Beautiful. These words describe how I feel about the CTX1300.
    I also sold my scooters. Just have an Aero 750 Shadow now. Started a Day Tripper thread named Enchanta.
    Yours looks great too. They look good up close or at a distance.
    Can't explain the CTX to someone who hasn't ridden one. Shame that is is discontinued.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  6. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ive only seen a couple of other ones out on the road since I got it. Kind of a oddball. They were over priced when introduced. They should have put heated grips on them and cruise control, but I guess they’d have been too much like a gold wing. When nobody bought any they dropped the price by over 50%, and didn’t make any more. Perfect for me as I always ride solo and load it up with camping gear. I was looking for low maintenance and comfort. Sure fits the bill for me.
    AZbiker, rascalman and EZMoney like this.
  7. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Would highly recommend the CTX1300 forum if you've not joined yet. Great guys. Friendly forum. And they love to ride. Bob is moderator. A few will remember me (Willa Jabir user name there) if you tell 'em I sent ya.
  8. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually signed up before I bought it. During the “investigation” phase.
    I’m still amazed you can get a bike this nice for $5K.
    Clampett likes this.
  9. kirkkw

kirkkw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am on the CTX1300 forum also as kirkkw. I
    Yes, I agree. So far at 23K miles I have changed tires and done regular maintenance. No other issues whatsoever. I think this is a 200K+ mile bike if maintained well.
    MizzouRider and Clampett like this.
  10. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’m MoPops over on the CTX forum. One of these days I want to go to a CTX gathering.
  11. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    They were having them twice a year. I don't know if they still do.
    They have some good rides and always good gatherings. No negativity with the group.
  12. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys got me interested in the CTX1300 - again. I was really hot for one when they first came out, but the prices were just a bad dream to me. I forgot about it.

Anyway, I went on Cycletrader this morning and looked to the Deluxe model. I found one near me with the tall windshield, topbox, and rear crash bars. 6,000 miles, asking $9000. This is a dealership. I am wondering how they might trade for my VTX1800T.
    richarddacat likes this.
  13. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    That 1800 is pretty sweet too. Been even longer since I was on the Cafe forum. You might get a feel there for your value and see if you can deal with 'em then.
    mrbreeze and MizzouRider like this.
  14. kirkkw

kirkkw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you looked at the CTX1300 forum bikes for sale. $9K seems high even though that bike has several nice additions. I have seen others sold for $9K that have a lot more than the one referenced unless it has more additions than in your quote above. A couple of months ago a deluxe sold here for $6,500.
    MizzouRider and mrbreeze like this.
  15. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought mine a little over a year ago (Deluxe) for $5,000. I had to add the center stand, rear rack, rear pannier guards, and highway pegs. It had the tall windshield and a few cosmetic things. I still need to get a front fender extension, and a cheap throttle lock. At 11,000 miles I swapped out the stock tires for Michelins. It’s just a great bike. I was thinking before I got it, to find a lighter road bike, but it’s very stable going by trucks at 80 mph. The weight seems fairly light once you’re moving.
    mrbreeze likes this.
  16. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Front suspension... woeful

Rear has some adjustment.

Panniers... finicky but work

Styling... still contemporary ‘bagger’

Engine ... smooth and torqued for purpose

Ride ... very comfortable

Range ... enough

Design for purpose.. pretty good just that front end really is terrible

Sell it ? ... not likely

BCEE0128-1C35-4479-BA5F-4058E73EB79E.jpeg
    MizzouRider and Clampett like this.
  17. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took off my bar end weights, and the front end doesn’t bother me. It must vary a bit by bike. I’ve heard of others that don’t notice it, and others that swapped out shock internals.
  18. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Removing my bar end weights made a huge difference riding on tar/gravel roads where I live. But you are right, there has been a wide range of differences.
    MizzouRider likes this.
  19. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Wondering... as the tyre availability for the rear end of these things is limited, has anyone tried a 190/50/17 on them?
  20. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer: