My Honda CTX1300 (My Girl)

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Clampett, Jun 29, 2015.

1. e.t.

e.t. Millenials ridiculed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Uncle Jed -if you were actually gonna meet up and ride with somebody on this forum- is Fozzie bear gonna be strapped to the pillion?
    That would be a no go for me-LOL
    Thx for CTX reviews and comments BTW.
    Where are you in the heart of dixie?
  2. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    It's a swmbo-gifted chick repellent for those solo rides. Bet it works really well... :D
  3. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    My bride purchased those pillion riders for me. If you ain't no female, then I could ride without them, but then again, why would I want to ride with someone that is prejudiced against Brown Bear?:hmmmmm Wife rule #326
    Edit: Forgot to answer the location question. Put your thumb on B'ham Alabama and I'm sitting on the top of your thumb.(Yeah, I know, explicitly vague answer) Zip 35117
    You were joking, but that is in deed the intended purpose. Truth is stranger than fiction. I used to ride with one Panda, then wife found out it would fit in the trunk, so bought a companion.
    But it is a fail. Women often start by taking photos then wanting to talk about the bears. If they are cute, the bear fits in the luggage. If'n she ain't, then I'm sorry, there just ain't no room fer ya darling.
    The sneaky ones are the ones with kids....Can I take a pic of my child with your bike?....Sure......Thanks.....You're welcome....IF you give me your #, I can text you a copy of the picture.....
  4. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Ordering mine now.... :wink:
    PeanutRider likes this.
  5. e.t.

e.t. Millenials ridiculed Supporter

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="Clampett, post: 27302004, member: 328684"

The sneaky ones are the ones with kids....Can I take a pic of my child with your bike?....Sure......Thanks.....You're welcome....IF you give me your #, I can text you a copy of the picture.....[/QUOTE]

You are one of those motorcycle riders that you meet and the memory lasts a lifetime. I can tell already
  6. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    I've joined a self help group to help me overcome this. I'm a bit taken aback though, 2nd meeting and everyone was passing out mouth wash and deodorant. I thought it was just a welcome gift until I realized each participant was giving me the same gift.
  7. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    33.637585° N
    86.922813° W
    [​IMG]
    In the upcoming days, I hope to post some better scenery. I saw this and thought it would be good for a tag later. This is one of those towns (Like Mayberry) that time has forgotten.
  8. aeholton

aeholton R100S Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seriously considering a CTX1300 Deluxe purchase. How is engine/exhaust heat on your legs? I have an Electra Glide and find stop and go city traffic heat to be unbearable in the FL summer heat. I usually ride my BMW R1100R when making short trips, but would need to sell the Harley and BMW if I buy the CTX.
  9. EZMoney

EZMoney Long timer

Oddometer:
    The heat on the legs is barely noticeable in my opinion. The CTX is a cool as any bike I've ever ridden. If you have ridden an E-glide on traffic in the south then you truly know what miserable engine heat is.
  10. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Interesting because heat is probably the biggest complaint of ST1300 riders.

It's really hot and humid where I am in summer. I put these cooling fans on my Road King and it made a huge difference in traffic.

[​IMG]
  11. EZMoney

EZMoney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you found my post interesting. The heat output of every H-D big twin I've ever owned was exponentially higher than that of any of my ST's. Owners of all models find something to complain about....I've owned enough ST's and H-D's to know that of which I speak. Glad the fans helped. It's so hot in GA I'd like to have a pair of those in my helmet
  12. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Interesting as in I wonder why Honda was able to solve the heat problem of that engine in the CTX but still leaves the ST1300 as is, forcing owners to come up with their own solutions. If you still own a Harley, check out those fans.
  13. EZMoney

EZMoney Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will not turn this thread into a debate over the internet myth of the ST1300 "heat issue". The CTX is a fantastic bike and engine heat is no more an issue with it than any other full size bike. Enjoy those fans.
  14. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I didn't realize that it was a myth or that I was sparking a debate. Carry on... :)
  15. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    I have put many thousands of miles on three different ST1300's and now my current CTX1300. Heat has never been any more of an issue than any of the unbelievably high number of other bikes and brands I have owned in my 48 years of owning/riding. There were several brands with other engine configurations that would literally blister you in certain circumstances but I'm not going to call out any names of brands and start bashing. Yes, some American made bikes can be quite warm, thus the reason for the leg shields below the rear of the tank, but the same can be said for several from Japan. One in particular was pure misery in any temps over 90 degrees.
    It's just my humble opinion but the ST engine is one of the best all around engines produced, thus the reason for purchasing the CTX.
  16. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Just because someone complains something, doesn't mean it is a problem for all. It means it is a problem for those complaining. Too me, the CTX is a bit warmer than my VT, VTX, or V star 950. But it isn't a problem, just more noticeable. One guy complained that his traction control didn't work while the bike in his garage.
    EZMoney likes this.
  17. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Now back to My CTX.
    Ravenden, Ar:
    [​IMG]
    Got soaked for about 30 minutes just before sunset.
    Windmills in Tx. The road was so hot, the asphalt was melting. Got a glob of the tar on my boots when I got off to take the pic.
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the land of enchantment.
    [​IMG]
    When I checked in the motel in Tucumcari, the lady gave me directions to grocery store, when I returned, she had a bucket of ice, phone directory, and already had the a/c turned up for me. She met me at the door and told me the best place to park to see the bike from my room.
    The one yesterday gave me a 10% discount just because she likes bikers.
  18. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    This is my first trip ever to get everything packed in the panniers and top box. Usually too much and some across the seat. Learn a lot on this board, even though I knew it all before haha
  19. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    The sky was just beautiful today:
    [​IMG]
    The required advrider Monument Valley photo:
    [​IMG]
    The one from the south:
    [​IMG]
    klaviator and 480v Sparky like this.
  20. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Just so much fun today. It was 99 but didn't feel that hot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    klaviator likes this.