My KTM 950 Story....lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Pyndon, Jun 23, 2006.

1. C-Dub

C-Dub Clean Air Hog

Oddometer:
    Yea, I know how the bike is put together, you know what I mean, I like the carbon fibre FAIRING protectors, look at Pinions picture at the top of this page.
  2. cpmodem

cpmodem Orange Caveman

Oddometer:
    masa yee yah tee 59° 14' 9" N / 135° 26' 42" W
    I have. I knew what you meant, just had to rattle your cage :wink:
    BTW, this is a great thread. I am amazed (and a bit jealous) that Pyndon has so much time on his hands. Great photos too. If they were all put together in one easy to get to album, they would be a great resource (hint ...hint). They tuely show the beauty, simplicity, and racebred engineering and development that went into the Nine-Fiddy. If a picture is worth a thousand words, Pyndon's series is the Library of Congress.
    -cp
  3. C-Dub

C-Dub Clean Air Hog

Oddometer:
    You only bumped my cage slightly and I totally agree with what you say about Pinyon, the mighty 9fiddy and this thread:D
  4. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    I think the C Fiber tank guards on that bike are custom made , I was looking at them at Shagapoolza thinking I likey , might pm Steve and see if he knows . SEYA
  5. Howlan

Howlan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow what a great thread! Even a little more interesting that I owned this bike at one time. Sold it cause I wasn't riding it much as I've have 2 new little ones in the last couple of years. Sold it back in February to Vance who sold to Steve, only had 2,500 miles on it after almost 2 years of having when I sold to Vance. Glad to see she is getting ridden now, and is getting the royal treatment from Pyndon, wow.

I put the carbon fiber tank guards and rock guards on her. Bought them from a fellow AdvRider who was making these custom back at the end of 2004, I can't remember his ID, and I've seached. I'll keep trying to remember or see if I can find an old email or something....

Happy trails Pyndon!

Howard
  6. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    yes please that would be great .......... :wings :wings :wings
  7. cisco

cisco old fat guy

Oddometer:

glad you like the seat. Don't wait for the perrillis to wear out, mount-up the TKC's now you'll love them:evil :evil :evil . Makes a whole differant scotter out of it. I most likely won't be in Elko. Look for Lucky Explorer and some of the other Flagstaff boys you cant miss him . CISCO
  8. BWalker

BWalker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you get to the point of selling your wheels I'd like first crack. I live in the Dallas area so shipping would not be an issue. I would like a second set of wheels to keep the TKC's on one set and the Scorpions on the other. Just let me know when you are ready.
  9. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great group of people I am getting to know from this thread. I have had endless PM's and lots of quality replies. Pleased I could find the time to do such a report, what with trying to get the bike done, keep the report up to date and do 50hr weeks at work, it was tough, and very busy!

I hope to meet you all someday, and am going to try my hardes to get to Elko, even if it means riding there and sleeping on the side of the road!!

Need to ask the boss for some time off first though :wink:

Keep the replies coming, happy riding y'all
    Desert Matt likes this.
  10. Howlan

Howlan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found the AdvRider that made the rock guards.....BigTwin. Checked and he has posted here in the last couple of days after not posting for quite a while, he probably reads here more than he posts (kinda like me).

He was great to work with and he did a great job on the tank and rock guards. The tank guards bolt on and are on very solid, the rock guards are on via an silicon after putting clear, thick tape on tank. Pyndon, might check the rock guards to make sure they are still attached good.

I'm hoping to get back on a 950 soon, put a deposit on a SE at my dealer, the kids are getting a little bigger now, so hoping to ride again...if not I'll have a low mileage SE to sell in a year or two.....hope not ;-)

Take care,

Howard

11. vanimal

vanimal smiling under my helmet

Oddometer:
    i just couldn't wait to see what happened next. it was like must see tv. you work 50 hours a week, rebuilding you beast, documenting the process, and made time to help out a friend, you are the man! very inspiring thread there pyn. i am sure everyone here is looking forward to more post from you. take care, enjoy your ride, and be safe and well. :clap :clap :clap
  12. Hay Ewe

Hay Ewe Just a Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I stumbeled across this thread as I usually look at the GSpot.

A lot of the things that you did apply to all types of bikes, of course some are specific to yours, but things like greaseing the Head set and such, Great thread

Hay Ewe
  13. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    You are one anal mother, and I love it.:clap Sure you shouldn't be on a BMW??

AND, I'm pissed. Cause now I need to block off 10 days to get my 950 spiffed up. Still can't get the second gear power wheelies...:evil
  14. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    i am not worthy. :cry
  15. Stephen

Stephen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pyndon, you are one sick puppy. Good onya !!

Greatly enjoyed your post, and thank you for taking the time.

:thumb
  16. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet but I would think that this thread warrants a Hall of Wisdom submission. Any seconders? :ear
  17. Shuffler

Shuffler Hommes Grande

Oddometer:
    Abso-freakin'-lutely. This guy is like Edward Scissorhands, except with wrenches...or something.

I am in awe.

:bow
  18. PeeBee

PeeBee Giant leap for me!

Oddometer:
    If this is not Hall Of Wisdom stuff, what is? :thumb
  19. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:

:nod

Nate
  20. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my new Braking Wave Rotors today for my 950 :clap

They look an exceptional quaity product and they are floating too. I have taken some pictures including part numbers for you all and will post the info soon. On my girlfriends computer right now!!

Back soon,

Pyn