My KTM 950 Story....lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Pyndon, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Ian123

Ian123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PS Thanks for the thread which I have enjoyed immensely since your first post. Anyone would think you were an Aerospace Engineer :thumb
    Since my bike has been in the garage for 6 years it probably needs loads of updates. If only I could find a garage that I trust like I trust you:rofl
  2. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same one that came in the 2003 stock, never changed it.
    etuna likes this.
  3. Clif

Clif GoEasyStepLightlyStayFree

Oddometer:
    Long time listener, first time caller !
    Thank you for the thread. The water pump section is really helping me.
    Just to confirm between steps 3 1/3 & 4.04 it was,
    "Completely fill both flip flops w/ coolant while spraying the remainder over the rental garage floor"
    Right? Think I totally nailed that part
    cheers
  4. Team Vegas

Team Vegas ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>---

Oddometer:
    :imaposer
  5. DirtyADV

DirtyADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    And for us that are curios just how much coolant can a flip flop hold when full?

You are wearing the proper flip flops?

[​IMG]

/Johan
    Y E T I and Team Vegas like this.
  6. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's a long time since I posted in here.....but Dakar 2017 is firmly 'ON' and here is how you can follow / get involved.

Dakar thread here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/races-to-places-dakar-2017-with-lyndon-poskitt.1123058/
    Races to Places thread here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...g-an-adventure-ride-to-the-next-level.958364/

Races to Places Dakar 2017 Support Packages.

Well folks, I'm super exited to announce the launch of my Dakar 2017 support packages. The Dakar Rally is a massive challenge physically, mentally and financially and with a large 5 figure budget on my mind every day, this is one way you can help to get me a step closer. Of course in return I will take you along for the ride and bring you as much 'free' media as possible just as I have done over the past 2 years. I have been working closely with Adventure-Spec over the past months to design Races to Places' own clothing product in support of Dakar 2017. We wanted something bespoke, casual and technical that the buyer can enjoy everyday. A lot of hard work has gone into the design of this kit and having seen the finished product, I know you are going to love it. Obviously the product shows my appreciation to my long standing and new sponsors that have committed to supporting this campaign and this, combined with your support is what will make it all financially possible.

Adventure Spec are warehousing and distributing the product on my behalf this year as it's obviously not possible for me to do this on the road. I specifically want to thank them for all their help pulling this together, it has been a massive undertaking and I could not have achieved it without them. Please take a look at the link below where you will find more detailed images and descriptions of the products. Thank you so much in advance for your support, I cannot achieve this without the continued support of the my followers and I really do appreciate it. All proceeds go towards Races to Places Dakar 2017.

LINK: http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/brand/races2places.html

Images to follow but the link above has them all.

Some more pictures of the gear....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MultiDoc, rustytigwire, kaia and 4 others like this.
  7. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    In! You're living the dream of many. Best of luck!
    Young-Gun likes this.
  8. RibRoy

RibRoy RibRoy

Oddometer:
    Nice, But I would like to have a rally jacket in the same design. Are you planning to make a "Dakar" style rally jacket also? Thanks
    DesertSurfer likes this.
  9. Trond_70

Trond_70 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you Pyndon for convincing me to buy a lc8 adv with this thread:-)
    This is my first post on advrider, I live in Norway and in my garage i now have a 2008 990 adventure S (i know it should be a 950, but got a good deal on an "unused" bike with only 9700km on the clock that i could not turn down) and a 1998 620 supercompetition. I just love to take them out on gravel roads in a pace you would probably fall asleep to:snore

I am amazed in your skills and all effort you put into your projects. Just love Races To Places, and will for sure follow you in Dakar 2017!

Thanks again for sharing all your stuff with us, and keep up the good work!:clap
    Pyndon, Y E T I and tsiou like this.
  10. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Rally Jacket I wore in Baja and Sonora Rally is a one off made by Adventure Spec. It was made for me as nobody makes a lightweight, full ventilated jacket for rally like this one. If there is enough interest shown, they may make a small batch but for now it is just a prototype. I'll be wearing a similar design for Dakar this time.
    dedave, RibRoy, Y E T I and 2 others like this.
  11. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested for sure. Would be perfect for the SoCal desert.
  12. RRF

RRF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never know who you'll run into. Saw them at a gas station in the rain. Remembered the name on a sticker on his bike. Now I can buy his swag and tell everyone I know a Dakar racer. LOL. Best of luck to you.

Attached Files:

13. MultiDoc

MultiDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for me.

I'll be ordering the full support package next week Lyndon, hope it hellps a tiny bit in your efforts.
  14. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    +1 for me
  15. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet, did you say hello? Yeah, we spent a couple of hours sitting that one out haha.

Nice to hear you will buy some swag, hope we shook hands.

Lyndon
  16. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, thanks guys and gals. Sure is appreciated and will all help the cause. Money flying out left right and centre right now. haha. Thats Dakar.
  17. RRF

RRF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I shared the bench for a while. I had the Hayabusa. You were busting my balls because I was looking for a hotel with a hot tub while you guys would be sleeping in mud.
    AliveDK and Pyndon like this.
  18. Gedrog

Gedrog 1000 mile stare a 1000 stories to tell

Oddometer:
    Just to confirm apart from the support kit I would be up for the Rally Jacket as well :-)
    MultiDoc likes this.
  19. Oldstuff

Oldstuff Old Rally Man

Oddometer:
    Firsty Stage of Dakar 2017 in the bag 33.12
    51st Overall bikes at the moment
    Well Done Son
  20. Oldstuff

Oldstuff Old Rally Man

Oddometer:
    Second stage completed. 38th Overall, 2nd Malle Moto.
    Brilliant Son
    cobra46, neduro, DesertSurfer and 3 others like this.