My Labrador and Newfoundland Adventure - 2018

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AdamChandler, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This past summer we explored the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Their is an Upper Penninsula Adventure Trail, both a big-bike route and a small bike route. I was really glad to get that tip ahead of time, as we were on 1200's with an F650 along -- from Whitefish Point and Paradise to Duluth is beautiful -- super sandy. I was sent some photos of the small bike route -- it included some pics of DR400's axel deep in sand. The Upper Penninsula is wonderful, people are great, there are breweries and cool places to camp. The Lake Superior Brewing Company and Dunes Saloon in Grand Marais Michingan is a highlight. We hit it midday for beers and lunch. It was loud, rowdy, and awesome.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    We brought 150 CAD with us and every place we went took credit cards so I just used the cash at bars to buy beers in NL/NS on our last few days. Some firewood cost 20 CAD things like that but nothing detrimental to the trip that required cash.

No bears or moose on this trip.

We had JetBoil 4 different nights of the 11. These were nights where a restaurant was more than 20 miles away, it was raining and dark and remote so we chose to eat our meals.

On a GSA, you don't need gas. We each brought 2 gallons with us. never needed them. our F850 friends each used a 1L fuel canister on the TL highway. We never touched ours.