My name is Mike...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by MB2110, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MB2110

MB2110 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, my name is Mike and I live in So. Cal. (Ojai). I ride the 2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA. I've been riding off and on for about 30 years, full-time for the last 6 years, and was a sportbike/sport touring guy until I got the ADV itch about a year ago. I love riding anywhere and everywhere, travel when I can, spend a lot time riding the twisties of So. Cal., as well as any fire road I can access. I enjoy rides up to Lockwood Valley and beyond...lots of dirt tracks up there! I also commute on a daily basis to Santa Barbara and tend to put around 20k miles on my bike each year.

If you live in my area and need a riding partner I'm here. I like to ride hard on pavement and am still learning how to navigate the dirt. Looking forward to being a part of the group :-)!
  2. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Hey there, Neighbor!

I get up there a few times a year at the very least (because: 150 :lol3 )

tell me if/when you want to start getting dirty. West Camino Cielo might be a good place to warm up

:dunno

might not be a bad idea to pick up a cheap dirt bike so that you're not doing big damage to your beautiful Triumph.

Look for an XR650L. you can pick one up for a few grand and they are amazing bikes

I love mine

this was taken above sb

[​IMG]

welcome to the site!
  3. MB2110

MB2110 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, eatpasta!

I'm always ready! My first dirt-ride on my Tiger was West Camino Cielo, 2-weeks into the bike :knary

I didn't drop it (should have) but it was definitely a tough track for someone that hasn't ridden the big bike off-road! I do have several dirt rides under me now, mainly up above Ojai.

You can always come my way and we can head over the 33 into Lockwood...great rides up there! We can always get the gate code for the Nordhoff Ridge and ride that...that's supposed to be really good!

Here's one of my Camino Cielo pics

Attached Files:

4. desert sled

desert sled trail rider

Oddometer:
    he's right about xr650l best bike around , welcome! , and yes beautiful mountains all over so cal ... brrraaappp
  5. MB2110

MB2110 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, desert sled! That bike looks like it would be fun on dirt, definitely a more competent bike than the big ADV bikes on the dirt! One thing I learned early on in owning an ADV bike...STAY AWAY FROM SAND! That was my only drop, I hit sand and the bike went ways I wasn't expecting and next thing I knew I was picking myself up and taping my turn signal back on...live and learn!
  6. Wolfgang55

Wolfgang55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you learn to ride the sand, you can ride nearly anywhere.