My New Chinese Big Ruckus clone thread...

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by deezildennis, Jul 27, 2011.

1. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    It has about 10-11K ish miles on it. If you have been following along I broke my stock speedo during a freak garage accident were some angle iron fell onto it.

I road it for a while without one. Like all summer.
  2. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now, now--I have owned a few Chinese enduros and all of their speedos have broken; you don't have to make up excuses as to why your speedo is not working like a freak angle iron accident; oldest excuse in the Chinese motorsports world! :rofl

Ok, I do know that Chinese scooters have better speedos than their enduro brethren. :lol3
  3. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    OK?
    Culcune likes this.
  4. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was attempting to make humor while poking a little fun at Chinese bikes--the enduros' speedos are notorious for breaking not too long after new. But, I do know that Chinese scooters' speedos tend to NOT break.
    deezildennis likes this.
  5. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    Oh I can assure you they tend to break and break spectacularly with 1/4"x 2.5 x2.5 falling on them and the bars. :)
    Culcune likes this.
  6. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    A few updates for anyone who cares. I started having carb issues again like I did in april. I tried taking the cheap way out and picked up a ebay carb. Big friggen mistake. The bike ran but had piss poor performance. The Jets matched what I had in the stock carb but something was off.. I road it for several weeks and then got fed up with it. I took the original carb apart and dipped it in water and pinesol for 2 days then boiled it for a hour, all in like 75%water and 25% pinesol. I put a new diaphragm in it and blew it out with compressed air. Viola! Back in business! Powers back but the bike stinks of pinesol. :)

I do believe it is time to change the rollers out. It seems to feel like they have a flat spot worn into them. I'll get a few different weights and try them out. I'd rather just replicate the take off and top speed I have now. I'm pretty happy with that. I'll get a new belt for the hell of it while I am in there as well. I'm sure the gear box oil needs changing again as well. She's still in rotation though!

[​IMG]
  7. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update. I've been tempted by those a few times, good to hear they're not hopeless
    deezildennis likes this.
  8. Jtssr

Jtssr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello I'm new to scooter and I got a rowdy 150 cc

I need some help my brake master cylinder left side glass broke do you know if I can fix just the glass or buy the whole BMC
  9. MiniBike

MiniBike Casual Observer

Oddometer:

You might also try the folks at http://scootdawg.proboards.com/

Good luck with your problem. Sounds minor. :thumb
    Jtssr likes this.
  10. hugemoth

hugemoth Big Brother is watching you!

Oddometer:
    I just glued a dime over the hole using JB Weld. That was at least 5 years ago and still working fine.
    JerryH, Jtssr and MiniBike like this.
  11. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parts For Scooters
  12. Jtssr

Jtssr n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks I just order the glass I'll post how it work
  13. Jtssr

Jtssr n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey I have alot of questions first do you know where does this hose goes to

Attached Files:

14. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    Another year and another dead battery. Got the great clickety click click this morning for the ride to work. Made it two years I guess on this yuasa. Still seems to be running alright. Lost the pre filter for the CVT belt cover somewhere early this summer. Doesnt seem to abe a item I am able to just buy so I may have to rig something up. Duro tires seem to be hard to find now. May need to switch to something else next spring.
  15. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dennis,

How many miles do you have on her estimated accounting for the speedo changes? I have quietly followed this thread for a very long time and I'm on the lookout for a clone with a GY6 motor to tinker with. Like others have said, thank you for taking the time to share with all of us about your ownership experience.

Eric
    deezildennis likes this.
  16. tortoise2

tortoise2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FWIW . . both BMS and SSR have discontinued this model.
  17. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have done the same thing on 3 different bikes, that sat out in the sun till the PLASTIC sight glass disintegrated. I don't know why they don't make them out of real glass. Would it be that expensive?
  18. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just located a couple of those scooters locally still in the crate. But the dealer wants $3500 apiece for them, plus tax and registration. That's $4K OTD. I just can't see any Chinese scooter being worth that, especially since there is no longer any support for them.

The CSC RX-3 that was hyped so much here a couple years ago now costs almost as much as a Honda CRF250L or a Yamaha XT250. They are no longer the bargains they once were.
  19. deezildennis

deezildennis Its a what?

Oddometer:
    It has about 14k on it.

I see these are being called Elite Rowdy 150cc scooters now. Still a Znen manufactured bike. Just a super quick search shows them in stock at Safer wholesale and Superior Powersports for under $1900 shipped. Both of these companies are known to cut the price down if you ask. I'd rather find a dealer that buys from a distributor that carries Znen models and see if they would order one.

I'm still super happy with how my dealer handled everything before and after. I still take it there for tires, valve adjustments and tune up's. I used to just do them myself but working 11 hours a day the last few years I'd rather let someone else crank on it.

Bike still has no mods other than the exhaust and rejet. It's got a bunch more scratches though!
    The Virginian likes this.
  20. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great stuff Dennis and quite the testimony! Thank you for the reply.

Eric