My new Chinese Cafe Racer: SSR Buccaneer 250C

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ChopperCharles, Feb 14, 2019.

1. MQracing

MQracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Minus the curly Q cross frame part of the exhaust this setup would have some potential advantages with what appears to be equal length sections.

I have seen photos of the same basic exhaust which terminates into two separate staggered "drag pipes" (mufflers).

So no bad dreams here just curiosity and an open mind.
  2. MQracing

Oddometer:
    Hello Charles:

We have previously communicated a bit on the SSR forum in a Buccaneer thread.

Has taken me a while to read through the 60 some odd pages of posts in this thread. A lot of good information and I thank you and the other contributors.

My focus in my ownership of the Buccaneer is to learn how to take good care of it in terms of maintenance.

I have approximately 1,500 miles on my Bucky. Overall I am quite happy with it.

I have been riding motorcycles for close to 50 years now and lost count of how many bikes I've owned.

I bought my Buccaneer new for $2,700 OTD + tax and tag.
  3. Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit Reevaluating

Oddometer:
    It's the curly part that just looks bizarre to me, along with the fact that I can't tell where the whole thing ends. Not to mention the stupid Firestones...
  4. MQracing

Oddometer:
    Here's a video showing both sides of the exhaust. I have seen this same basic setup on some Buells minus the loops... but cross frame and muffler pointing to the front on the left side.

5. MQracing

Oddometer:
    Here's another video I like the second exhaust shown.

6. MQracing

Oddometer:
    Mr. Fixit

Personally from that first photograph I posted of the modified buccaneer I agree with you as regards the Firestone tires.

That said the bike is his canvas not mine. I do like several of the other things he did with the bike for example the clip-ons, fuel tank, headlight, seat pan, etc.

I would like to see more aftermarket custom products and accessories for the buccaneer.

I don't currently have any plans on switching out my factory exhaust. I really like its exhaust notes. Plus that it is made of welded stainless steel with no pop rivets.

But I do enjoy seeing what other people do with their own canvas.

rockt likes this.
  7. Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit Reevaluating

Oddometer:
    That is a highly imaginative exhaust design. I wounder what the extreme length of the exhaust tract does to the performance, not to mention what the forward-exiting muffler might do for the riding experience.
  8. Mr. Fixit

Mr. Fixit Reevaluating

Oddometer:
    That second one appeals a lot more to me, although I'm a big fan of functional mufflers. Thanks for the videos.
    MQracing likes this.
  9. Syncmaster88

Syncmaster88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  10. CrapKerouac

CrapKerouac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here you go.
  11. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    These look pretty sweet. I like them both but if I could only have one I would probably go for the retro San Gabriel 400!

Rumor has it the 380cc Parallel Twin is an up scaled Suzuki design from the GW250 and GSX250R bike. If it is the engine is very smooth running and offers a very linear power band with good lower end torque but does not mind being revved either. Pretty strong for a 250cc so imagine a 380cc version would be even more impressive!

These bikes deserve there own thread!
  12. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, took a couple of days but just finished the 70pages. Got me the café version 2 Friday’s ago. $3000 otd. It was a 2hr drive out of MA to find one....and it’s awesome. Thx to all that contributed info here, seems to be the best out there. And although I’m late to the party, it’s my 1st bike and I just got my permit a week ago, so I look forward to all I can learn from my fellow Buccers.

Attached Files:

MQracing, Scoozi, rockt and 1 other person like this.
  13. Syncmaster88

Syncmaster88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Obviously people know about the issues Charles had with his rear luggage rack, but I have one that was never used/installed if anyone is interested in buying it.
  14. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That zs400 has a 5 gallon tank and range of 300+ miles. Would make one heck of a commuter bike.
  15. smcparland

smcparland Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome! Thats a great deal out the door for sure, I have been loving mine for almost a year now. out of curiosity where did you have to go for purchase? NJ resident here. I will be honest I am considering a larger displacement bike, but that has more to do with seat room because I do a decent amount of two up riding with my wife. If it were up to me, I would keep this and add a second (still a possibility) because it is just a super fine bike to ride, and very light nimble with some light trail offroad usage. Enjoy!!
  16. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went to a place called J&J auto in upper NY. They have one red scrambler left, would be $2,800 otd with the rebate I imagine.
  17. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys! Do I have a problem here? Am I missing something?.... 2124EF0D-939C-4BDD-8C04-3BCAFA343CB3.jpeg
  18. keithg

keithg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So much for QA!
  19. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    nope bolt is threaded in from the other side.

Charles.
    D.Boggs likes this.
  20. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thx