My new Chinese Cafe Racer: SSR Buccaneer 250C

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ChopperCharles, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    No problem. That's one of pins that the caliper floats on. It lets the caliper slide left and right as the pads wear.

I haven't needed to replace the pads yet, but I think you can take the rear pin out (it's a 12mm bolt) and then flip the caliper forward so you can service the brakes easily.

Charles.
  2. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn! All those miles and didn’t need brake work yet, if I understand correctly! Give me faith! Sounds good to me! Took my first serious ride ever with it today. Did the 200mi oil change yesterday. Kept it no more then 6000rpm in 5th, but now there’s 380miles on the bike. That’s a hundred and 60 miles for me today and it was AWESOME!! I love this bike and can’t wait to be able to go full throttle!
  3. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    1B6116B4-7C4B-4BC2-B53E-5513F907D6E2.jpeg
    MQracing, Scoozi and rockt like this.
  4. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey does anyone have knowledge about say, rear right blinker? Flickers but if you tap it goes back to normal but won’t stay. Unscrewed the only screw on that side, is there a trick to get it back in cuz I can’t
    ***when I took the screw out, the front blinker started working right.
  5. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    All but one of the signals on my bike were replaced under warranty. The LED board would separate from the housing and rattle around until the wires finally broke. If you tap the signal and you can see the LED board jiggle, you've got a bad signal.

Fortunately, the replacement signals have all been going strong for 6k miles or more now.

Charles.
  6. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do I take it apart? I’ve seen in this thread it seems to be one part, I undid one screw now can’t get it back in and nothing comes apart, I just made things worse
  7. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    The turn signals are glued together and can't be taken apart.

The rear signals are bolted on inside the taillight housing and are difficult to access. The taillight has to come out, then you have to get the reflector off, and then can access the nuts on the signals. The screw is there to prevent the signal from rotating on the shaft. When you removed the screw the pressure from the lock washer moved the shaft... so you're going to have to take the taillight apart to get it all back together properly.

Charles.
  8. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    F**kin bolt won’t back out are they “left handed” this is bs….thx for your help bud
  9. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Nope, not left handed. Just really difficult to access. And since you removed the screw, the shaft rotates. You'll have to get slack in the wiring to pull the signal off the shaft, then grab the shaft with vise grips while you turn the bolt off.

Charles.
  10. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here goes nothing
  11. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I can go out and post pictures after my meeting.

Charles.
  12. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m on the right track, think I’ll be able to grit it back together but pretty sure the blinker won’t work…gonna need to buy skinny vice gripps too
  13. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    This is one of the signals that got damaged when the frame broke. You’ll have to remove an inch or so of the wire sheath in order to get slack to pull the shaft out all the way

A2B42B96-A047-4ECC-807F-FB717870EC15.jpeg 20A9D12D-4303-44CA-8A61-8E0786CEEB2D.jpeg 212AF6CC-821B-4FA6-A0A2-9172BD84D882.jpeg

Charles.
  14. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does the light unplug from the wires when I get a replacement? I’ve got it all back together now but the light it totally dead
  15. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh s*it it unplugs under the seat! I’ll have to snake almost 2feet of wire for it won’t I?
  16. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Well, if the bike is under warranty, the dealer will. If not... then yes, you will have to snake all that wire.

Charles.
  17. D.Boggs

D.Boggs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve only had it a month but dealers are booked up til September
  18. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    So, my gear position sensor went a little wonky. Stopped picking up neutral. Pulled it apart and the plastic around two of the terminals was cracked and a piece broke off as I handled it. Cool. It's a nice cheap part to replace, and SSR has them in stock. BUT, there's a second part that bolts the end of the shift drum, with an electrical contact on it. Looks like this:

IMG_9944.JPG IMG_9945.JPG

As you can see, mine has a little pitting in the center. It's probably good to reuse as-is, but I'd rather replace it. Unfortunately this part is not on SSR's microfiche, OR any of the microfiche for the Lexmoto Vendetta (same bike in the UK). Does anyone know what this thing would be called?

Charles.
  19. MQracing

MQracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    View attachment 3053625 View attachment 3053627
    Unfortunately this part is not on SSR's microfiche, OR any of the microfiche for the Lexmoto Vendetta (same bike in the UK). Does anyone know what this thing would be called?

Charles.[/QUOTE]

SSR should be able to contact the manufacturer (Longjia?) to find out what the part is called, what the part number is and how to order spares.

It's an important part and viewing its simplicity it should not be too expensive to replace.

But SSR has to put the effort into contacting the manufacturer.
  20. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    So SSR came through. They don’t have it on the fiche, but apparently it’s a common part on other bikes they sell. It’s called a grounding washer. So to complete this repair, I needed the following parts:

3101014 - Gear Position Sensor (includes o-ring)
    A00267-21-03 - Grounding Washer

Cheap and easy fix once I got the parts in.

Bike has 12k miles on it now.

Charles.
    MQracing likes this.