My ride around the top of Lake Michigan

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by SansAsphalt, Jul 8, 2019.

1. SansAsphalt

SansAsphalt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chicago, where you have to search for dirt
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SansAsphalt

SansAsphalt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    well crap... Something happened and I lost all my text and can't sort out how to delete this post...

EDIT: As I can't sort out deleting this, and don't feel like going through all the copy/paste work again to replicate it, if you're interested, the full story is here: https://judgmentalmonkey.com/2019/07/08/my-trip-around-the-lake/
    Mattbastard likes this.
  3. SansAsphalt

SansAsphalt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I thought so too... I only have Edit and Report.
  4. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    Nice little RR, even if your text bought the farm I still liked the blog link.

I spent 8 years in Sheboygan so I know the area very well. And yes, good biscuits and gravy are hard to find around there. I just learned how to make them myself so I'm never searching.
  5. MisterShandy

MisterShandy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've wanted to go to UP for quite a while now so maybe I'll follow some of your route, because it seems like you took small 2 lane which I prefer.

The coal ferry is a good idea, I should take it before it gets forced out of commission. How much does it cost for you and the bike?
  6. SansAsphalt

SansAsphalt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I doubt the ferry will get forced out of commission anytime soon, as it is a historic landmark. That being said, I'd certainly recommend doing it, as it was really nice. The one-way trip cost around $120 for me and the bike ($62 for me, $40 for the bike). You can also get a stateroom for another $50, if you want to sleep, but I didn't really see the point.