My rides, My bikes a 50 year adventure

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by augiedog, Oct 8, 2018.

1. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Augie and the '14 Tenere in March of '15, on one of the Three Sisters, Texas

[​IMG]

AdvNuma, Stubanger and B10Dave like this.
  2. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    AdvNuma, Stubanger, B10Dave and 2 others like this.
  3. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    The Vee Strom is still a great bike. When I bought it I was looking to downsize. I had recently had some major health issues and being in my 70's I don't have the strength I once had and wanted a smaller lighter ADV style tourer. That is what the vee turned out to be. I had been riding a Yamaha Super Tenere for four years and loved every trip I made on it. Due to high mileage over 150,00 and my health issues I sold it and bought the Vee Strom. After a year on the Vee I ran across a super deal on a 2018 Tenere and bought another Yamaha. I do a lot of long distance touring and after touring on the Tenere 1200 and on the Vee Strom it was just not as good on the long trips, therefore I am excited to be back on another Super Tenere . Here is the Vee Strom 20190428_201258.jpg
    AdvNuma, Vrode and B10Dave like this.
  4. shupe

shupe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Augie,
    Great RR, thanks for posting.
    Brought back memories, especially the first part. Well done.
    [​IMG]
  5. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about a photo of your new Tenere?

Numa
  6. KingJacobo

KingJacobo Exploring

Oddometer:
    Great stories! I've read every post.
    I hope one day I can have a life full of adventures like this and still be riding when I'm your age.
    augiedog likes this.
  7. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    20200311_113820.jpg Here is a picture of my tenere loaded and ready to go to Daytona for bike week.
    B10Dave, twowings, FasTriumph and 3 others like this.
  8. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    I took my first long ride on my newly farkled 2016 Super Tenere. The bike performed flawless as expected. I have two more things to do before I will be ready to head out for Alaska in mid May (hopefully). I am going to install one of the Givi bike specific windscreens and a 2 in. set of Rox Risers. I had both Items on my previous Tenere and liked both. I will also fabricate a couple of braces for the windscreen mounts to prevent vibration caused with the taller windscreen and GPS being mounted on the windscreen cross bar. I think the Tenere is one of the best Adv bike available today. It just does everything you ask of it.
    JMforPres, B10Dave and Vrode like this.