I had a plan for my bag mounts, so I built a "proof-of-concept" piece to experiment with. I used a bit of 1/4" hardboard and some aluminum scrap and held it together with self tapping screws. It could even hold up a bag! I bought a length of 3/16" thick 1 1/4" wide flat stock to be used for the angled standoffs, and scored some 1/8" plate stock from a guy I know. This morning I headed down to the barn and started building. I marked out the flat stock for my cuts. Then drilled the inside corners. No pics, but I cut them out with a cutoff wheel in my grinder. Only took 2 wheels! With the plates cut out I started on the standoffs. I needed relatively tight bends to go around the sissybar mount, so I channeled my inner blacksmith and broke out the heat and big hammer. I had to make 4 of these, and with my caveman tools it's not easy to make them match. I spent lotsa time tweaking them after the initial bends were made. I fit the standoffs and the plates onto my bike, clamped together with vise-grips, pulled them off while clamped, and gingerly set them on the weld table for welding. Now we're getting somewhere! When I started planning these bags, I found out that Givi doesn't sell a universal bag mounting kit. Well, actually they do, just not in America. I even called them and complained about it to no avail. They say they can't sell universal kits in countries where there are vehicle emission laws because somebody may inadvertently disable an emission control device while installing the kit. OKEY-DOKE! I'll go another route. I was going to buy a used pair of bagmounts to cut apart, but then I found these SW Motech adapters for only $27! That's cheaper than used mounts! Cheaper is better! The mailman just happened to drop them off today. Hmmmmn, looks like I'm missing 2 bolts, 1 washer, and a rubber snubber. I'll make do for now, but we'll see how they do for customer service. It took some guesswork to get the holes in the right spots, but I figured it all out. Had to chamfer the holes for the snubbers to get them in. Here's the hardware installed, but no snubbers yet. I've got it marked for drilling. I don't know what kinda plate that is, but it doesn't drill easily! And the other side I'm going to run a bar across the top of the fender to tie the 2 mounts together, but I haven't finalized that design yet. I left the tabs sticking out the rear of the plates in case I want to mount the tie-bar there. I did get the bar bent to clear the fender, but that's all the farther It got. It'll go somewhere around here. And here's a shot from the rear. Looks level enough for me! I actually measured them in all kinda directions off of the frame, table, fender, etc. My mounts are true to 1/8" or less from side to side everywhere I could check.......so I'm sure they'll look cockeyed to whoever is behind me! Oh well, I can't see em from MY seat! That burned up my whole day. Good thing it's still snowing, I'd be getting anxious to go for a ride.