My "Sportstour" creation

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by c1skout, Mar 13, 2016.

1. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    The BMW mount is probably the second easiest to find, after Goldwing. I've got one in the barn I don't want to sell, but if you need you could borrow it until you find one. Or I could take pics and measurements.
    Dirt Road Cowboy and johnwesley like this.
  2. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:
    Some bracket pics would be great
  3. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK, I'll try to remember. Remind me in a few days if you don't hear anything :fpalm.
  4. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    Working on my own VN1600 Classic conversion to a full dresser with the same Pacifico fairing I installed on my buddies VN900 four years ago.
    Vinny1.jpg Vinny8.jpg
    The pic on the right is a Microsoft Paint rendition of the Pacifico Shadow fairing on my Vulcan. I already have a Vulcan Mean Streak wheel installed in the rear. Next is the Mean Streak front wheel with the larger full floater discs, and a Yamaha 1300 front fender. I'm liking the overall look. The engine comes out this winter so I can fix the 2nd gear issue. I have Mean Streak heads (bigger valves, hotter cams), Mean Streak throttle bodies (more volume) and a Mean Streak gearset for 1st through 4th (closer ratios) but I'll keep the Classic 5th gear for "overdrive" of a sort. Eventually I'll install the Nomad hard bags and V&H True Duals exhaust. As I bought it for $1200 the bike already has a Power Commander and Baron air intake, all the emissions stuff is gone. Starts and runs great, but it'll be a LOT stronger when I'm done with it.
    AZbiker, Dirt Road Cowboy and Achtung like this.
  5. RickS

RickS Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You know I’m really liking the old fairings one newer bikes. Especially the Pacifico fairing one. I was thinking about building a sportster scrambler but these have made me rethink that. I may have a fairing or two around. Interesting concept. Throw some wild paint on it and some tunes and it could be really neat
    AZbiker likes this.