My TAT trip starts July 21, 09

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Ghilly, Dec 4, 2008.

1. DeArmey

DeArmey All right

Oddometer:
    Were in Pa are you?
  2. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    If you plan to make the whole trip in 1 swoop. Change tires in Trinidad Colo (About the 2k mark) at Valcom Motorsports. My 950 wears Dunlop Rally Raids (908's) and my Husky has Michelin Deserts.
    If you want to be safe, change again in Battle Mountain Nevada (1,700 after Trin) at Nelsons Racing. My Husky still has the Deserts on with good meat left.
  3. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am in Erie, PA. My seat will be getting operated on this next week by Renazco racing. I can't wait to see it on my bike!!!:D
  4. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great Adventure ahead for you for sure. The DRZ400 should be a great ride. I have been riding my 1976 DT400C Yahama Enduro. I ride with a spot locator so everyone can follow along in real time not to mention keeps wifey happy if I have trouble. I have a 990 Adv and would not take it into Utah, to much work to get it thru some of the terrian IMHO. Smaller bike will allow you see it all.

Only advise, good tires (I run MT21's), good fuel (Bastards put water in it in NV), good camera and have a good time. The rest always seems to fall in place.

If you get to Oklahoma, we have support in Tulsa area for bike repairs. Good group of ADV riders here close by.
  5. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    My new Renazco seat will be done this week and coming home next week! I can't wait to see it and feel the difference.

Thanks,
    Ghilly
  6. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my seat back from Renazco today!!!!! It is looking sharp! Those guys are really on the ball with getting it done and shipped back fast. My build week was March 2-6 and I got it delivered on the 12th but I was not home to sign for it. I can't wait to ride on it!!:D

Ghilly
  7. Paramedicrogers

Paramedicrogers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pictures Please!!!!:lurk
  8. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have not post pics on this forum and they all seem to be a tad different. What is the best/easiest way to post pics? I will take some pics today when I get home. If I can't figure it out maybe I could email them to someone who can post them.

Thanks,
    Ghilly:D
  9. D-man

D-man SALLGOOD

Oddometer:
    YO, you CAN NOT do the TAT and not post any pics! it's against forum policy! bad things will happen to you on the trip if you dont post pics.. and if bad things happen we want to see them anyway :)

It's easy you just need to sign up at a photo hosting site like Village photo. its free and easy. you upload the pics to the site, then copy and past the URL link into the box when you select the image button on the top of the posting box here on the forum. presto it puts it into the text.

here is what you are looking for just south of Jellico TN. The OFFICIAL start of the TAT!

[​IMG]
  10. arroyoshark

arroyoshark Needing some space

Oddometer:
    :lol3

And, here's what you want to see at the other end..........

Just insert your DRZ in the photo ! :1drink

[​IMG]
  11. arroyoshark

Oddometer:
    And, here's a little TAT teaser from Nevada........

I think the DRZ400 is a great TAT bike !

[​IMG]
  12. rpritch

rpritch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guy's I live out here in Oklahoma Panhandle area... got a garage and basic tools if need assistance while in my area... know we are in the middle of no mans land out here.... email me at [email protected] and give you my contact info if want it for trips...

have safe trip and looking forward to the pic's...
  13. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    and here is a teaser from the middle of Colorado...just insert your own monkey:

[​IMG]
  14. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok here goes for posting pics
    [​IMG]
  15. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok that did not work so well.
    [​IMG]
  16. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well as I suspected I cannot seem to figure out how to post here so I will not be posting any pics. I seem to only be able to post on about half the forums I visit.:splat
  17. arroyoshark

Oddometer:

I use imageshack too. Under the "Share" dialogue box, for the image you want to link, copy the url for "Direct" into the ADV Script prompt dialogue box, which is accessed from the icon in the thread reply that looks like a yellow box with mountains in it.

Hope that helps ya.
  18. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have no idea what you mean but perhaps you can explain further. I cut and paste the url from the photo site and open the yellow mountain box. I give up. You guys will have to just use your imagination for my pics
  19. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tried opening a photo village account and i would not let me. I am done with the pic thing
  20. arroyoshark

Oddometer:

Ghilly, I just sent you a pm.