My TAT trip starts July 21, 09

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Ghilly, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I will be hitting the trail July 20 in the am. This trip is sneaking up on me ASAP and I still have a bunch of stuff to prep for. If you are interested in riding any portion of this with me please post.

Thanks,
    Ghilly
  2. juniorsktm

juniorsktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ghilly,

We are leaving from Georgia on the 29th of June (Monday). Good chance we may cross paths.........hope so. Me and my buddy (Mile0321 on ADV) are travelling together on our 950's.

PM me and we can swap information and try and hook up!

Getting excited!

FF
  3. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Frank,

How long are you planning for the ride to take?

Big D
  4. juniorsktm

Oddometer:
    I think we wil take 30 days.........maybe less, maybe more. I think a good pace should be 28, but there needs to be time to chill..........

You doin' allright?
  5. BgDadddy

BgDadddy Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Doin great! Just came back from a 10 day, 4,200 mile ride that ended up ar an ADV rally in TN. Had a blast!
  6. dentedvw

dentedvw Where did I put that

Oddometer:
    Ghilly, I am looking for some help with a possible trip, would you share some of your thoughts with me, since you are riding a DRZ also?
    What gearing are you using for your trip?
    What do you estimate you will spend for gas?

I am looking at some time off from work, and as I was planning on going to Colorado for FMF this year, I thought maybe I would just leave from there and pick up the TAT and ride it out and back to Michigan.

What are your thoughts?
  7. juniorsktm

Oddometer:
    I went to a 14 tooth front on my 400 and it cruises well............
  8. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking that it will take me 21-24 days and I have 7-10 days to use as a buffer at the end of the trip before I fly home. When I get to OK I may just burn throught that state to gain a day or 2 since it is not all that exciting. I have also decide that I am going to go from ocean to ocean. That means I will start at the Atlantic ocean and end at the Pacific ocean.:D

I will be runnign a 14 tooth front and think I will spend about $300ish for fuel. Make sure you have all your guards and protectors installed.

Thanks,
    Ghilly
  9. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    To meet up with some other riders I have moved my start date back to July 27. If that works out better for anyone feel free to chime in and join the ride.

Thanks,
    Ghilly:D
  10. juniorsktm

Oddometer:
    Were leavimg the first if you want to bump it up..........?
  11. Ghilly

Ghilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just changed my vacation pick for july 27 and be on the trail the morning of july 28. I would not be able to change it again. How many are in your group and is it possible to maybe move your group a few days earlier and I wait a day or so?

Thanks,
    Ghilly
  12. juniorsktm

Oddometer:
    We have two of us. Another guy is riding the TN and MS part then going back to Georgia. We are leading a big fund raiing event for Aflac Children's Cancer Center and UPS is throwing a big send of at the Center and donation big buck to the center so it will be impossible to change the date.

Check out the link in my signature and see what you think! Also, here is another link that you might like reading........

http://www.mdjonline.com/content/ind...em/134423.html

Peace,
    Frank
  13. kelly duke 2000

kelly duke 2000 Retired, Gone Riding Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have a good time Frank. Hell I may even see you off at the start line. The wife and I are thinking about bringing the motor home up for a couple weeks while I explore Tenn. Think we may stay in the cherokee nat. forest.
    Take care buddy, Kelly.:freaky