My Tiger Adventure

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Night Falcon, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    :fpalm
  2. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the light bar actually a spot light or daytime driving light? It looks more like the DTDL's that I've got on the shelf that I intend to mount on the car... The light bar on my Bemaha is definately spot lights and they work wonders to light up the road ahead. I've got mine separately switchable but relay controlled to be on with high beam. I can't afford to have them on with oncoming traffic and trying to control 2 switches to dip every thing, just doesn't work in time.

The Tiger is looking good with your mods. You'll be happy with progress:photog
  3. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    in truth it will likely never get used. It's only there to fill the hole where the beak was- for the very little night time riding I do (if any), I'll just use the stock setup. If it's not too bright I would use it as a daytime light - the white light is way more instantly noticeable at a distance compared to the yellow bulbs. I'd like cars that are about to run me over to at least know I'm there.....it's way more sporting:D
  4. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you thought about a big orange flashing light...?:hmmmmmI'm sure you could make it work on the tiger...? No? At least you would be seen.
    rBVaHVXuWByAS6INAADNjbPsilw780.jpg
    xrjuice and MrKiwi like this.
  5. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    I lost my licence at 18 to a cop on a CB750 :fpalm They don't appreciate a good handbrake slide in their town center in 315 Consels apparently....who knew:dunno
    dazzadm, Kempy, Mc107 and 1 other person like this.
  6. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    We learnt last night at work that our Health and Safety team have ordered a heap of the flashing lights on a pole for pedestrian visibility around site.........FFS! We can strap them to our back:stupid and walk around site and feel safe and seen, apparently!? Talk about completely over the top.:scratch
    Night Falcon likes this.
  7. glitch_oz

glitch_oz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the H+S team should have those up their ^%$#....to see the light!
    dazzadm and MrKiwi like this.
  8. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    this :lol3
    Praskin, Night Falcon and dazzadm like this.
  9. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Well, the new pipes finally arrived this afternoon :clap:clap

58614344891__D7DBFBEB-34CB-481A-A548-1415160E31F1.JPG

....for the record thats 2 days from Heathrow to Auckland and 15 days from Auckland to Palmy. They sent the customs/GST payment advice by snail mail which arrived and was paid last Friday.....so that's only a few days once they got the cash. You wonder why they couldn't email or SMS the invoice to me as they had my contact details :scratch Would have speedied things up considerably.....but then NZ Post would've lost another posti job to technology I spose :loco
    EVLED and MrKiwi like this.
  10. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least they arrived:thumb
  11. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It always puzzles me why they send that letter by post when they ask for your email address in the first place...
    Night Falcon likes this.
  12. xrjuice

xrjuice n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey! thats my idea, i put a high stop on a ex-mot cb650 in the late 80's, it only took a couple of days to attract some unwanted attention and a fine for illegal modification.
  13. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Haven't fitted my Exhaust yet but Paul has. Sounds and looks pretty good

IMG_3259.JPG
    ferals5, dazzadm, Kempy and 2 others like this.
  14. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Test ride completed:

E07+ rear tyre - awesome grip on gravel
    Front guard - didn't noticed any headshake or other abnormal front end wind problems
    Front disk brakes - working better than before I changed the cables.....must have been due for new fluid
    LED Light - no oncoming motorists waved their fists at me (including a cop) so assuming it's ok as a daytime running light
    New GPS cable/ mount - cutting out problem seems to be gone
    Fuel exhaust - freakin awesome

IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1895.JPG
    Kempy, Yannick, Takataka and 7 others like this.
  15. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    Erm, while high guard looks great meybe its a bit low at the front? Perhaps a couple of washers on the rear mounts would be all it needs?
  16. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Have been thinking about that. Its not so bad side on but looks a bit low with the forks turned like in the pic above. Couple of 10mm spacers would make a big difference. Might put some on and see what it looks like. The DR guard does sit low which probably makes it good for stopping spray over the front wheel....in spite of the look. Was looking at a YZ guard which is shorter and sits higher or even a white 690 guard....have to save up for one:D
    IMG_1887.JPG
    Muzz67 and dazzadm like this.
  17. RyeRey521

RyeRey521 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found your thread and am enjoying it so far.

Question about your Tail Box.... You said it was a older 690 Pelican. That size looks perfect. Most of what I am finding is shorter than yours. Do you have the dimensions?
  18. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the belated reply @RyeRey521

The 690 was in reference to my old KTM690 that I originally bought the case for. Its actually this one Pelican 1300 (although it was originally orange)
    IMG_0218.JPG
    RyeRey521 likes this.
  19. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    You interested in the new Tiger 900’s Mr Falcon?
  20. Night Falcon

Oddometer:
    There's always a new bike to be interested in nowadays :fpalm

I like the Rally version but I'd find it hard to go past a 790R if I was looking for more off road ability. Cost wise the T7 is the clear winner though.... if you don't mind almost zero whistles and bells on your 21st century Adventure bike....which clearly some don't.

I have to say now that my Tiger has had its front suspension tuned (rear is on the to do list) along with the other bits n pieces I've inflicted on it. I'm pretty happy that I've got the almost perfect adventure bike for my requirements.

The real game changer for me is the same bike but 30kg lighter. None of the modern offerings come close to that optimistic weight....it seems every manufacturer sees 200-220 kg as the minimal bench mark :dunno
    Manakau.KTM likes this.