My Wife And I Ride Mexico For A Month

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dwj - Donnie, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree with some of your points but try telling it to people:
    Who get sick without insurance because they can not afford it or turned down by insurance companies because of a pre-existing condition even though they are willing to pay out of their own pocket. Just saying.
    There is another side to every story.
  2. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Carrollton, MS - Traveling on the Moto
    OK! :D Let's get back to Mexico! :deal
  3. Arte

Arte Pata de Perro

Oddometer:
    $2.7K for two for 30 days I guess is not bad.

I got a question for you Donnie: On this trip, how many times you think you could have had camp at the destination of the day?
    I mean, a good worth place so you could be near of the sights or places you did visit on the trip?

Arte
  4. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

We saw a total of maybe five places that had signs for camping. I'm sure you could ask and camp on just about anybody's land, but here were very few camp sites with signage. We normally camp in the US when we travel. I have read of folks camping in Mexico, especially Baja, which is what I expect to do when I go there on the KLR. Maybe someone with Mexico camping experience will chime in and educate us!
  5. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    This was a totally awesome trip! I have to admit that I was a little skeptical to start with but that did not last long. With Donnie working in Mexico before, I knew a little about what to expect. I would drive over to the plant and the market place to shop when we were there. I loved it then so I knew I would love this trip. I was never scared and never felt unsafe on this entire trip. We met some really wonderful people, saw amazing sights and ate well! No, we never got sick the entire time we were in Mexico! I enjoyed staying in the Centros, going through all the little towns and seeing just how everyone really lived. That is what this trip was all about. The real Mexico, not the tourist side of it. I miss Chocolate Chip Cookies from OXXO, can't find the brand here! And the Tortas, oh, they were so good! I bought stuff at the grocery store today to try to recreate them, but I know they will not be the same! What would I give for just one torta from the little store across from the Hotel in Guanajuato!!!! Speaking of Guanajuato, it was beautiful, loved it! I loved Acapulco! It was beautiful! Now the Topes and the driving habits are another story! You could look ahead and see cars coming at you stagged all across the road, I think Donnie calls it splitting lanes. I called it other things at times. The trucks in the curves was not fun to me either! Didn't bother Donnie a bit. I tried to keep my mouth shut but sometimes I couldn't. Donnie said it was ok,the things I was saying when the 18 wheeler rounded the curve in our lane! Ok, what did I miss while I was gone? Family, friends and Duke of course! Then there is the good old wash cloth! I will leave a pair of panties at home next time and replace them with a wash cloth! Would take a bath mat but I guess that would take too much room. Those wet tile floors can be slippery! Donnie, you will have to leave something at home next time, because these big tennis shoes will not fit in my saddlebag! So be thinking about what it will be. As for me, I will leave make-up at home. Took it, never used it. If Donnie can stand to look at me that is all that matters! I will take a wash cloth and an extra camera next trip! There is still the matter of the U-Haul! I sure could have brought back a lot of stuff if I would have been able to! Oh yeah, the BMW was the bike for this trip but do not think for one second it rides like a Goldwing! Take my word on that! We are going back! Soon! Guess I better start studying my Spanish because I did not do so well on this trip! I thank God for allowing us a safe trip and that we did not become another CROSS in a curve!
    Donnie thanks for letting me tag along on this GREAT ADVENTURE! I LOVED IT!:clap
  6. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Loved following along. I'll see 1-2 places y'all visited and will post a RR next
    month.

Donnie, you definitely married up! And good job keeping your Lady happy. :clap
  7. camgregus

camgregus riding gently now Supporter

Oddometer:
    on the banks of the mighty mississippi, AR side
    schizz man you said it there.

Glad y'all are home and safe.
  8. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

I know! :D
  9. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Greg!

You got that bike fixed yet?

Donnie
  10. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. camgregus

Oddometer:
    waiting on money for parts Donnie!!!!!

Its tough living in the poor delta you know...
  13. darrell098

darrell098 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the tips, and the info.:clap
  14. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I have some transmission issues with the BMW as well. I think I am going to sell some of Sheryl's stuff to get it repaired! :evil
  15. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are very welcome! :D Mexico: Part Two will begin January 2011! :deal
  16. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recently found out that insurance is not mandatory in Mexico! :eek1 I had thought it was! :huh I was only purchasing Liability since the bikes I ride there are not worth much as far as replacement value. They are worth a lot more to me, but they can be replaced, after all, they are just tools! :D Different type rides require different type tools! I like tools! :lol3

Donnie
  18. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eight more months till we head to Mexico again! :clap

Donnie
  19. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

That is not very nice! :deal
  20. camgregus

Oddometer:
    shame one of the last comments was a negative one.

I hope to see you soon!!!!

Say hi to Sheryl!!!!