MYANMAR CROSSING - THAILAND TO INDIA - LOOKING FOR A GROUP ASAP

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ride.climb.dream, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ride.climb.dream

ride.climb.dream adventurer

Oddometer:
    MYANMAR CROSSING - THAILAND TO INDIA

Hello All! I am a solo RTW traveler on a motorcycle, wanting to cross Myanmar leaving from Thailand and riding to India. I would like to leave Thailand (where I am now) between Feb 10-14, and am hoping to join or form a group. I have been having trouble finding one, so now I am getting down to the wire.

Ideally I would like a tour with sightseeing/rest days in Yangon and Bagan, so maybe between 8-10 days. I have been in contact with two good companies, so I am willing to oragainize a group if I can find other travelers. Let me know if any over-landers out there are interested.

Also, I have already been posting on Horizons Unlimited / and the different overlander FB groups, but thought I would post here as well to check.

Thank you! Julia
  2. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    osugamyranmartravel.com
    see Thailand to paris, 5 year plan, something like that describes the quick tour
  3. ride.climb.dream

Oddometer:
    Hi Yokesman.

Thanks, I am familiar with Osuga and have been in contact with them as well as two other of the most used tour groups for riders. The issue is that the only groups/scheduled tours I can find are to late for me (like inMarch). I have the info for tour company, routes, etc, just need to find other travelers to join me for the crossing in the next two weeks. Message me if you are OUT THERE!

4. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you have to jump though meany hoops to get a foreign registered bike into Thailand..
    I live there half the year and was told it is all but impossable....

Pete..

5. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    Good luck with short timeline, Myanmar bureaucracy can be slow. I used Burma senses and had no complaints.
  6. ride.climb.dream

Oddometer:
    Hi, I have no idea. I am just traveling through Thailand on my RTW trip. I am riding my US registered bike with a Carnet CPD for my route (Carnet not required to enter Thailand though, i just have it for other countries on my route). I had no issues crossing the border.
  7. ride.climb.dream

Oddometer:
    Thank you, and good to know your rec. It looks like I might have found a last minute solution. Fingers crossed.
  8. ride.climb.dream

Oddometer:
    Also, Pete.

Any chance you could help me out or point me in the direction of someone who could?

I am in Bangkok now and need to do some quick maintenance on my bike in the next couple of days (change the oil, clean filter, clean chain, wash the bike). I have my tools and will do all these things myself, I am just looking for a space to work. Of course I can do it on the street if I have to, but it is so much better to be in a garage setting where you can easily clean the filter, and have a workspace to use.

I would appreciate any tips.
    Thanks!

Julia
  9. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bangkok.... bugger I live in Khon Kaen when there..
    400km north/east of Bangkok..
    I don't return to Thailand till the 29th March...

To have that done at a dealership will cost you under $50US "1000bahts"
    If you don't get hit with the foreigner prise...

Sorry wish I could be of more help....

Pete..

10. ride.climb.dream

Oddometer:
    Thanks Pete!

Understand. I appreciate your reply. I just made a separate post so maybe a rider in Bangkok can help me out...
    I just need the space to work- I prefer to do all my own bike work, and also don't want to pay. But good to know.

Thanks, Julia
  11. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    try 29 tire in bkk.