N.W. of Phoenix ADV Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by AZ Mark, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Old Dudes Matter

Old Dudes Matter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to here of your trip ending at FMC. I am glad you found help, sxs/razors can be a great help in the right hands. I totally agree with @2Spot, it’s not the SxS’s, it’s some of the asshats that drive them.
    Hoping the best for your wife and that she heals up fast.
    AZ Mark, AZ TOM and Foiler like this.
  2. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. She crashed a few weeks ago and had a huge bruise so she was nervous during this ride and she says she is done now. I dont have any riding buddies so I will most likely sell my KTM since I dont want to ride alone. I have been dreaming about the grandkids growing up camping and riding with us but it seems like that is gone now. Not sure that I want to go the SxS route as it seems boring compared to riding although much safer. I have no ass so i cant really do long days on the bike anyhow, maybe a SxS is the way to go but IDK. Maybe a quad for the wife and no more singletrack for me. Its still early for me to be making those choices. Thanks for the well wishes, I do appreciate it.
  3. AZ Mark

AZ Mark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very sorry about your wife... Hope she heals well and quickly!
    Even at a young age my wife was not interested in riding alone or with me. Several years ago I purchased two 4x4 quads. She had a great time and we traveled to many interesting places. However after a few years she was no longer into that. So I purchased a SxS and we occasionally venture out together, mostly use it when we have guests. But... she has now decided to just travel in the Jeep for her adventures... It's cleaner! ...and I just keep scooting-along! ptSublimeRoad M&V Logs.jpg
  4. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't be discouraged, u can always find one of us weirdo's inmate to ride with ya. I'm no big fan of riding alone either, not because I'm afraid or worried it's just more fun with others and safer.
    AZ TOM, jtwest, BIG-E and 4 others like this.
  5. jtwest

jtwest Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer:
    listen to eddy... My mom stopped wanting to ride in the eighties... My dad pushed on, and still pushes himself, raised me and siblings on motorcycles. Im glad he did...It teaches so much about life, more than just riding. the thrill of riding is the icing....and what tasty icing it is......you have riding buddies
  6. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy are weekends boring when all you can do is house/yard work and take care of the crippled wife.
  7. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If i had some kind of hosting account i would post pics of the xrays. two breaks going one direction and two going the other direction. spiral break from the knee to the ankle. 2 weeks of keeping it elevated, 8 days to go, then 6-8 weeks of some different type of cast or whatever and no weight on her leg. No more summer camping with the grandkids this year. We just bought the 4year old her first power wheels quad for her birthday on this camping trip and she was SO excited to have her own ride. She rode it the whole time we were there. I just didnt think anything like this would happen. I figured with full gear she is well protected and probably wouldnt break anything. ok waaa waaa waaa. Thanks for letting me complain.
    BIG-E and maffud like this.
  8. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    Open an account with https://imgur.com/ download ur pictures there then copy/paste here, easy peasy.

Did she get fib-tib break? Sometimes this is caused by leg over twisting motion. That what happened to me in 2017. I Played hard then win titanium plate with 11 titanium screws YAY :fpalm. I wish her quick recovery, physical therapy is very helpful when she's ready for it.
    Foiler and BIG-E like this.
  9. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yeah twisting motion from the bike landing on her. she has a rod from her knee to her ankle plus plates and screws and I think a couple of pins. They said 6months of recovery time but i believe that was before the CT. she will defintely do physical therapy
  10. AZCPP

AZCPP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    porkfest.jpg

Hey guys! I am experiencing a case of 2 wheel fever and thought I would check in with some of my old (and I do mean old) riding buddies. We are enjoying our 2 weeks of summer up here in Montana while it last! I will be in the Valley in a couple weeks for business and might stay for a bit. Hope you all are doing good.
    Jeathrow Bowdean, maffud and BIG-E like this.
  11. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    haha i remember that sign!

i dont know why but everytime i drive into downtown Redlodge from the Billings side, i think of Ouray for just a second
    Jeathrow Bowdean and AZCPP like this.
  12. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Good memories from Porkfest
    AZCPP and BIG-E like this.
  13. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    @2 SPOT:
    I will beg to differ w/you on this, I sat atop the Bear tooth at mid-night & had a conversation w/ God via a local call, Saw the billions & billions of stars that Carl Sagan talked about, experienced a deafening silence & inhaled pure oxygen. Although I love Quray as much as anyone I never had that sense of insignificance on this planet as time spent atop Bear Tooth Pass.
    Jeathrow Bowdean, AZCPP and BIG-E like this.
  14. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    I just have scars.
    AZCPP and BIG-E like this.
  15. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    Talkin about the town, not the scenery
  16. MisterNo

MisterNo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was she wearing knee braces?
  17. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello Chuck!!

Holler when you get here, I've got a new 3hunny and the Berg we can go fer a ride!
    Dang it Jeff!! What was that as I am picking up Flash?? I can ride, really!!:p3rry:muutt:dirtdog
  18. AZCPP

AZCPP Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Big E, I will let you know when I am headed down that way. :jkam
  19. Foiler

Foiler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well since there is nothing going on in here I will post an update about my wife and her leg. It has been 8 weeks since her crash and she just went back to the orthopedic Dr today. They said she can start putting her foot down on the ground and in two more week she can put 10-15 pound of pressure on it and in 6 weeks she should be able to start putting her whole body weight on it. She will have to do physical therapy of course because she has no muscle left in her leg from all of the time sitting around resting. I just saw her Xray and there is a lot of hardware in her ankle. The rod going down her leg is carbon fiber which I thought was interesting. I had no idea they were using that type of material in that kind of application.
    redrock88 likes this.
  20. Netaron

Netaron Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wishing her a speedy recovery! Out of curiosity, what does she think of the crash? Will she continue to ride after recovery?
    Foiler likes this.