Natchez Trace Parkway

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Knobbie, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    All the above is true...

Especially the parts about not speeding. B/c of the hills and curves, when you see the cop....it's too late.

Have fun....it's a nice low stress ride.
  2. BikerBill

BikerBill Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer:
    I have been on parts of the NTP but plan to ride the whole route this summer. I did a little search online about the NTP. I found out that it was used as the return trip for people that floated their commercial flat boats down the river to sell or trade goods from the pioneer settlements. There are places where the actual trace is still visible. Following links might help with finding attractions.

http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2285/itinerary/63199

http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

Best regards,

Bill
  3. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    jamie is right.. i live here right beside the north end, about 56 miles south of nashvile. years ago we use to ride alot of it when it was still dirt road and trails.(folks that was a great ride !!) now its all done and paved. YES watch the speed and critters !...all street tires. i miss the dirt parts!:cry
  4. Cliff-77

Cliff-77 Lost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm between Vicksburg&Jackson,Ms. 2mls.from NTP.Lots of people come to Rocky Springs which was a settlrment or town,now a free campground 30-35 mls. South of I-20.Then while in the area ride the other back rds,like old Port Gibson Rd.between Raymond&Port Gibson.Fisher Ferry Rd. to Vicksburg.Gps will have you on lots of good twisty rds.for Ms.in this area.