Nav 6 with advanced radar

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by Nolift, May 30, 2019.

1. Nolift

Nolift n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone successfully installed the advanced weather apps for the Nav 6? I updated the device, reinstalled the smartlink (a few times) go through the subscribe process and it charges me - just never delivers the goods - what am I missing? Tried on a Google Pixel 3 and an iPhone 6 - no dice. Garmin support is as rare as baby pigeons and once online about as dumb...."well...it should work". Gee thanks.

Any ideas - thanks....
  2. Ducs2Dirt

Ducs2Dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hate to bring up the old post with no solution, but I’m in the same boat. Purchased the advanced weather for my nav6 via the smartlink app on my iPhone X. On whatever the newest iOS is. Just upgraded from a nav4 so still getting used to the 6. But I purchased the advanced weather on the smartlink app. Said it was successful. But still if I link up to the gps or restart the app it still has a 4.99 price on it. I tried restore purchases, but comes back with an error.
  3. Nolift

Nolift n00b

Oddometer:
    You may want to contact Garmin support - I had to stay on top of them but they brought it to resolution quickly. My issue sounds similar to yours - it has to due with the expiration date on the app and the issue was on their end. They released a fixed and mine worked.
    Ducs2Dirt likes this.
  4. Ducs2Dirt

Ducs2Dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I ended up reaching out tonight to garmin, but I didn’t have much luck. The team that does the smartlink app was “out for the day” already. But the guy I talked to said, it might be apples fault. Since apple only has the purchase as “pending” yet and not actually processed and charged. Which might effect garmin from not seeing anything at all yet. All due to Apples , lazy billing process where they only fully process and charge the card once every 2 weeks or after 3 + purchases. :dirtdog