Nav V acquiring satellites PITA

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by webjester, Sep 22, 2020.

1. webjester

webjester Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anybody else have this issue:
    Ever since that update for the wrong time and date at the end of last year, the Nav V often loses satellites after short stops such as at gas stations or pit stops. It then takes a few minutes to re-acquire satellites. Total PITA :baldy if you're in a town and have no idea how to continue. It never did this before the update even during stops lasting half an hour or so.

Any fixes? I have all the latest SW updates installed.
  2. jdub

jdub Dawg bytes reel gud Supporter

Oddometer:
    That sucks, but no such issues on my Nav V. May be time to contact Garmin support and see what they suggest. Good luck.
  3. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:

minutes to acquire usually means a bad connection to the antenna
  4. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^ This.

Mine recently started acting up on my last trip. Stopping for the night, then starting again in the morning it took minutes to acquire satellites. It did this every day on my 9 day trip. It did NOT do this at daily stops, like gas, food, etc... only when stopped (off/sleep) for the night and some of those were less than 4 hours.

After I got home I replicated it and contacted Garmin. They suggested the obvious like firmware, updates etc and ultimately told me that likely the antenna connections are the culprit. I'm gonna keep it as is and if I need to replace it I'll grab another. There are always V's and VI's coming up in the flea market
  5. webjester

webjester Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bad connection to the antenna? where would I find such? I am not aware of an antenna connection at all on a Nav V.