NAV V + SMH10 + Galaxy S7 = no music...

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by OSUgasman, Jan 11, 2018.

1. OSUgasman

OSUgasman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, sure this is an easy fix. Not much luck with search engine. I am a first time Nav V user. Followed the youtube recommended link and paired the phone to the Nav V, then paired the SMH10 to the Nav V. Don't have any music files on the Nav V. Want to listen to Spotify via the Galaxy S7, but it won't sync over for music to the SMH10. The music plays over the phone speakers... I'm guessing that I need to link the S7 to the SMH10, then do the additional pairing of the Nav V to the SMH10?? Can't seem to actually see the benefits of the Nav V for Nav anyways. I can "see" the map data and use the Galaxy S7 for directions/traffic/music/calls/etc via the Google/Waze/Spotify apps. What say you folks?

Thx, Brian
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    there are lots of threads about fixing the pairing Garmin x device plus some headphones plus some phone.

or you can just pair a phone to the headphones and be done.

you can still leave the Garmin on the bars to look cool, no one has to know ;-)
  3. mikeysduck

mikeysduck Slow Ride to Nowhere

Oddometer:
    I have a 14 R1200RT NAV-V, SMH10 & an iPhone. The SMH10 bluetooth connection was always an issue... Until I updated the SMH firmware last week. I removed the phone from the loop at the same time. It seems like it always connects now. I've only had it out one day, but so far so good.
  4. lkraus

lkraus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My experience is only with the similar zumo 590, using the Smartphone Link on my S7, paired to my SMH10 as you have. On that GPS, I can tap Apps, then Media Player, then Source (two plug symbols), then Bluetooth. This lets me hear whatever my phone is playing. Controlling the music via GPS is limited to pause, skip forward and back.

There is a disadvantage to this, but at the moment I do not recall exactly what it is... :confused Maybe difficulty changing or controlling apps on the non-glove-sensitive phone in my pocket? Mostly I listen to random tracks stored on the GPS SD card.
  5. OSUgasman

OSUgasman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone. Will play with it this weekend as the "white death" rolls across the midwest.