Nav VI randomly display change

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by dfowens, Mar 22, 2018.

1. sillygringo

sillygringo freewheelings.com

Oddometer:
    Called Garmin this evening and got my replacement setup in 10 minutes. Thanks to this board and thread for leading me in the right direction.
  2. JurgenB

JurgenB daily rider

Oddometer:
    Got a new NAV VI back from Garmin after 8 days. I had it packed in the Garmin protective case but they did not ship that back to me. Luckily I had removed my SIM card before shipping. Contacted support and they will send me a case.

Now the bigger issue: The Nav VI no longer dispays the speed limits. I have not found a way to turn this feature on. This serioiusly sucks.
    Any suggestions?
    Fosters likes this.
  3. JurgenB

JurgenB daily rider

Oddometer:
    Speed limits magically came back this morning. Also, with the new unit, connectivity problems with iPhone and Schuberth SC1 semm to have goneaway. Happy for now.
  4. Ron from BC

Ron from BC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well very timely.....Merry Christmas from Garmin! As directed, I sent in my old Nav VI unit sans battery in a bubble envelope and low and behold I received a brand new Retail Box Replacement!

Excellent experience.....:clap

NavVI Warranty.JPG
  5. Marbleminer

Marbleminer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would pass along a bit of praise for Garmin.

I was changing the oil in my 2017 GSA that I bought new with the Nav VI deal that BMW did last year as a year end deal to get ready to go on a ride about to Texas. Anyway, I cranked the bike up after refilling the oil and observed the GPS bouncing around on shall i say lots of screens. I did everything to try and make it work properly. Took it out of the cradle and back in. Nope. Did a hard reset. Nope. Same thing.

Now I live in north Georgia and was heading to Terlingua, Texas in two days for some off road fun. I needed the GPS! I went inside and called Garmin. Even after their posted hours for calling I got a fellow in Oregon. I explained my problem with the GPS and my predicament of leaving in only 2 days. We spent some time on the phone detailing my problems with the GPS but the short story of the long story was I got my replacement GPS out of Kansas the next day by FedEx! I had to pay a refundable deposit because i did not have time to get mine to them but it is to be credited once they get mine. And the overnight air charges were picked up by Garmin!

The GPS performed flawlessly even with some unintentional drops out in the desert! :jack

I have nothing but praise for how I was treated by Garmin! Just thought i would pass this along!
    rider1150gsadv likes this.
  6. vfrday

vfrday n00b

Oddometer:
    it would appear that my problems with the GPS unit is normal! so I opt to get a full refund, I can't justify spending money on anything that don't work correctly as normal, I'll just use my phone for GPS duties
  7. Bernie Echt

Bernie Echt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with that!
    Happy New Year!
    ejm4 and Ron from BC like this.
  8. ejm4

ejm4 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I shipped mine back close to five weeks ago. I received an email that they got the unit. I phoned them yesterday to see why I have not received the replacement yet. The Garmin tech said they are on back order with a shipment expected this week and another in two weeks. Hopefully mine will ship soon, I don't like using the phone as the GPS.
  9. onesaintsfan

onesaintsfan BigJohnHart

Oddometer:
    McComb MS, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    Exactly a 3 week turnaround. Not bad considering there was Christmas and New Years holidays in there. They are backordered as well. Guess everyone is sending them in
  10. ejm4

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived yesterday.
  11. cessnadog

cessnadog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spoke to Garmin today as I had expected mine back by now. They are on backorder and expected late January as of now.
  12. Kingfish

Kingfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a trip to DV and my Nav VI had a mind of it's own the whole time. Found this thread to discover the problem. This is why I love ADVRider. I'll be ringing up Garmin this week.
    x32792 and ejm4 like this.
  13. BluegrassPicker

BluegrassPicker Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is happening to me. sent Garmin an email through their support link and will report back here.
  14. ejm4

Oddometer:
    They should take good care of you. My new one has worked flawless!
  15. BluegrassPicker

BluegrassPicker Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You were correct. replacement on the way. Excellent service by Garmin on this
    ejm4 likes this.