Nav VI

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by RichardD, Dec 10, 2018.

1. RichardD

RichardD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quote from a post in Florida Sand Fleas : Certain BMW NAV VI's have a tendency to do what they want at the most inopportune moments...:bluduh
    Garmin stepped up to the plate and is replacing them . Turnaround time about 10 days..:happay
  2. rider1150gsadv

rider1150gsadv Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was my post... Garmin is doing the right thing here :deal
  3. cwjb

cwjb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is it exactly that they are doing ?
  4. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    The screen jumps from one to the next function without input from the rider or wonderwheel and any input attempt is ignored by the gps. A restart clears the fault for a little bit. Garmin is doing the right thing and replacing the affected units under warranty.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  5. Beairmo

Beairmo Keeping it real Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. CBRNE

CBRNE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good info - within 10 minutes on the phone with Garmin, they sent me a shipping label. Once Garmin receives my old GPS they will send me a new GPS. Customer Service rep acknowledged that there were issues with the NAV VI.
  7. onesaintsfan

onesaintsfan BigJohnHart

Oddometer:
    McComb MS, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    Huh? I thought it was the wonderwheel or a switch problem. Will jump on that tomorrow!!
  8. rider1150gsadv

Oddometer:
    My brother and I just received our brand new Garmin VI's, delivered by DHL at 6:30 this AM...:happay
  9. onesaintsfan

onesaintsfan BigJohnHart

Oddometer:
    McComb MS, where men are men and sheep are nervous
    Glad I came across this thread. Mine was doing the same thing. Thought it was the wonderwheel. Called Garmin at 0830, got a shipping label in less than 15min. Filled out questionnaire and emailed it. Easy Peasey . They said 10 days. Glad my 660 will fit in the mount if needed.
  10. wellcraft

wellcraft Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good info....I'm glad I found this thread but so far I haven't had any issues with my NAV VI purchased June 2018. Hopefully it won't act up, I just hauled my GS to AZ from PA for some throttle therapy and I'd hate to lose GPS capability.
  11. triman11427

triman11427 Mud is my chrome

Oddometer:
    I’m on my third unit. First went “loopy” while on a short overnight. Replaced in October. That unit went bad after 1000 miles. Third unit came last week and so far is doing fine. I didn’t upload any old data onto this unit thinking there might be some corrupt files causing the recurrent problem. Garmin has been great about replacing theses. They’ve taken responsibility for the issue. Just sucks I can’t trust my GPS on a trip. I bring my 665 as a backup.
  12. RichK

RichK Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine just started going wacky the other day. Randomly going thru screens. Also, at power up and down, the font got goofy.

I hadn't updated the software in quite some time, and I just did that. If the software update doesn't do the trick, I'll give Garmin a call.

Thanks for the post!
  13. cessnadog

cessnadog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent mine in last week. Turns out the new units are now on backorder until late January/early February.
  14. jpbadonk

jpbadonk Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 595LM that went unresponsive after having it for 2 months and Garmin warranteed it. While I appreciate the quick replacement, its pretty clear it isn't a very high quality product. For this reason I'm skipping on the Nav VI and will figure out something with an iphone mount.
  15. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    this is what mine was doing. they replaced it without much fanfare or fighting from me.
    rider1150gsadv likes this.