NB back roads are still great

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Kawazacky, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Kawazacky

Kawazacky Mad Typist Supporter

Oddometer:
    No Atlantic Bubble, no problem.

Well, yeah, it's a problem. I'm tired of being locked down here in Saint John.

But there's still lots to see in NB. Got out for a two-day mini road trip over the weekend and it was great. Read about it here.

ROUTE 915.jpg
    Maggot12 and russell44 like this.
  2. Kawazacky

Oddometer:
    SPOKE SHOT.jpg
    MGV8 and Millwright98 like this.
  3. HatesSnow

HatesSnow Waiting for Summer

Oddometer:
    Ha, I actually read the article before I saw this thread. Nice trip @Kawazacky , thanks for showing us a little of what New Brunswick looks like. We don't see that much on the west coast.
    Kawazacky likes this.
  4. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    More Pictures Please. Planning on a bunch more exploring over the next few years and NB is on the list. Need ideas of where to go
    Kawazacky likes this.
  5. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in some good routes too. I'm planning a trip to NB and NS as soon as the covid restrictions are lifted. I went and visited the cabot trail a few years ago but I was very pressed for time and I was also on a sport bike so I was limited to paved roads, next time I will take my adv bike and make sure I have more time so I'd like to see some more remote roads too, including some gravel or easy dirt roads.
    Kawazacky likes this.
  6. russell44

russell44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It sucks the border is closed but hopefully by summer I can get across for a few days.

Last year a buddy and I had a nice day trip around the northern part of the province. Stanley to florenceville, up to Mt Carelton area and over to the Caribou wind farm. Got lost in the wind farm but eventually found the road and made it back to Heath steel mines and them home to the parents place on the Miramichi.

So many good gravel roads in the northern area to explore. I have a new T7 and my friend is planning to get one as well so lets hope we can do a few rides across NB this summer.
  7. Kawazacky

Oddometer:
    More pix in the linked story, but stay tuned, will be more weekend trip in coming weeks!
  8. Kawazacky

Oddometer:
    North part of the province has decent gravel. Southern part has good gravel but also very good paved riding. The best in Atlantic Canada currently, long as you've got some suspension.
  9. russell44

russell44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lived in Rothesay for 15 years. I know lots of the roads/trails down there.
  10. Kawazacky

Oddometer:
    There's new stuff now. The Fundy Trail Parkway is the best set of twisties east of Quebec. Scenery almost as good as the Cabot Trail, pavement in far better shape. If you have an adventure bike, the run from St Stephen all the way to Moncton is pretty much unbeatable in eastern North America now IMHO. No speed enforcement, good gravel roads, good pavement, good scenery. Cape Breton and the eastern shore are all that compares--NFLD has the scenery and gravel but the paved roads aren't very twisty. QC has excellent roads but sometimes miserable traffic enforcement ...
  11. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Wandering NB back roads is on my radar for next year.

Covid restrictions should be done by then, plus my boy will be on course in Gagetown, so it's a great chance to visit him, and get lost. :lol3
    Maggot12 likes this.
  12. NBDualsport

NBDualsport n00b

Oddometer:
    We are lucky we have a lot of great roads here in New Brunswick. Just sold my Tenere 1200 and waiting on a new Tenere 700 so my little WR 250 is the main ride until the 700 arrives. Was out this past weekend with a buddy of mine and put 300 Km's on bettween Rothesay and Sussex and 75% of it dirt roads. No reason to get bored in this part of the country if your riding a dual sport. Cheers hope to see you out on the roads.

Attached Files:

• WR.jpg
      WR.jpg
      File size:
      229.3 KB
      Views:
    Kawazacky likes this.