1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Nba

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Dec 25, 2013.

1. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Josh Smith

Detroit with Smith: 5-23
    Detroit without Smith: 6-0

Dallas without Smith: 20-7
    Dallas with Smith: 3-4

And Dallas has now taken him out of the starting lineup. Some people take longer than others to learn.
  2. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    The Atlanta Hawks, a team without a star, are on the kind of run usually reserved for Magic's Lakers or Bird's Celtics.

They've won eight straight and 22 of 24. They just routed their closest competitor in the East by 31 points. After a so-so start they're now 29-8.

Without a star. They're very much in the mold of the Spurs, from whence came their coach and GM. They spread the floor, pass the ball, take the three, and play vigorous defense. Frankly, I worry that a superstar would ruin the vibe, because few are as unselfish as Duncan. A fun team to watch, especially when those killer threes are raining down on the opposition.
  3. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    15 in a row for the Atlanta Hawks. That's a franchise record. 29 of their last 31.

Oklahoma City was the victim tonight. A fully healthy, Durant-Westbrook OKC. In the first quarter they were intimidating. Atlanta has no stars like Durant and Westbrook. OKC was full of energy and playing well.

It felt like Atlanta was outclassed and would finally lose. Reality setting in.

But the Hawks won every quarter after that, shot well, played defense and came out with a 10-point win. Paul Millsap had a really good game, but once again this was a team effort.

A packed house once again rewarded. One injury could derail this thing, but it's a great ride while it lasts. :freaky
  4. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Hawks set a NBA record by winning 17 games in a single month. Nobody, not the Lakers, not the Bulls, not the Celtics, has ever done that.

The team without a star has 19 wins in a row. 36-2 since late November. Best record in the NBA.

But...

5. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope they win the NBA Finals. In fact, I hope explicit direction has been passed down that they WILL win. The league needs the occasional upstart champion to sustain long-term interest in so many small markets.
  6. OuttaMyWay

OuttaMyWay I shook his hand!!!!!1! Supporter

Oddometer:
    WTF?!?
    Hawks on TV on the West Coast for the first time in 1000 years, and this is the night...
  7. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I had a feeling. New Orleans came out on fire and that fire never went out. They're a good team. Probably a good thing the streak is over. Takes a bit of pressure off.
  8. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this. Hawks are coming to Memphis this Sunday.
    Should be exciting. :D
    [​IMG]
  9. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    They barely beat Memphis last time they played. Memphis is excellent and I reckon they give the Hawks a matchup problem in the front court.
  10. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Every month the NBA announces a Player of the Month for the east and west conference. For January, the NBA Player of the Month for the Eastern Conference is.... the entire starting lineup for the Atlanta Hawks. :lol3 17-0 in January, an all-time NBA record number of wins for a single month.

Everyone here is looking forward to Friday when the Hawks play the NBA's other upstart, Golden State, which also uses the San Antonio system.
  11. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    As you probably know, my Grizz laid a turd in Minnesota last night. SO disappointing. I only hope they were looking forward to their game with the Hawks on Sunday.
    Good luck, wxwax. I hope it is a well-played and exciting game. :freaky
  12. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I reckon the Grizzles win. The Hawks are coming off of an emotional game and the Grizzles might be seeking revenge after losing last time to the Hawks. Plus, they have Zach Randolph back. He may be the difference.
  13. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man! The Hawks have some gunslingers on their team! They are fun to watch. It's easy to see why they have the record they do.
    In the end though, it was the Grizzlies defense that prevailed.
    Nice game. :beer
  14. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    :thumb The Griz are tough. Hawks made too many mistakes under defensive pressure at the end, not characteristic of them. The Hawks spread the floor, have a lot of outside shooters who can pop a three, and share and protect the ball really well.
  15. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    The networks wouldn't like it, but I would LOVE to see a Hawks/Grizz finals.
    :D
  16. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I would too. It's really hard to figure out who's going to win the West, though.
  17. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Knee injuries have robbed sports of many great, great players.

It looks very much like Derrick Rose will join the ranks of stars who couldn't fulfill their promise. Torn knee cartilage, surgery, out again. And out with him go Chicago's playoff hopes.
  18. Norhasken

Norhasken Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer:
    Joey Crawford has money on the Warriors tonight?
  19. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    Can't the NBA find a black commish?
    How many Jewish basketball players are there?

[​IMG]
  20. Campari

Campari Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    as a celtics fan i have no skin in the game, and if i could choose who i wanted to win i would have to say golden state, but joey crawford was/is/will forever be absolutely terrible.

worst referee since jake odonnell(sp?)