NC State Park Tour

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by ncroadtoad, Apr 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ncroadtoad

ncroadtoad No Use to Society Supporter

Oddometer:
    Real sociable aren't you? Did your wife only give you 2 hours to go riding today?:D
    BKK-Tom likes this.
  2. BKK-Tom

BKK-Tom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, LOL, but it was Mother's Day and I wanted to be with her when the kids called. We went to a Thai restaurant, picked up some great food and ate at home. Oh, BTW, I did hang at the front gate and road around the Park for about 20 minutes, but ya'll never showed up. ha-ha.
  3. Dracula

Dracula aficionado Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. Dracula

Oddometer:
  5. ncroadtoad

Oddometer:
    Hey Dracula, glad you got out to ride. Carver's Creek State Park is of course good to go, but sorry to say, Weymouth Woods is not a park (post #3). I was tempted to give you credit just because that bike is so damned good looking, but the rules is da rules. Thanks for the picture though, they are always welcome. Have a good week..
    BKK-Tom and Dracula like this.
  6. foothillsrider

foothillsrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a late start yesterday, but it meant warmer weather. What a perfect day for a ride, the wife and I picked up 3 more signs, only complaint was the Durham/Raleigh traffic (as usual).

Stop 1
    [​IMG]

Stop 2
    [​IMG]

Stop 3 - looks like darn near everybody stopped in at Morrow yesterday, I was just several hours later
    [​IMG]
  7. ncroadtoad

Oddometer:
    Hey foothills, my apologies for not listing you on the Post #3 rider count. I don't know how I missed it. Maybe old age or alcohol - or both...:D

You've had some good runs, thanks for joining.

PS to Everybody: If I miss you or miscount let me know

Cheers
    Dracula and BKK-Tom like this.
  8. BKK-Tom

BKK-Tom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dracula, I too rode to Weymouth Woods and Fort Fisher only to learn they didn't count. I was planning a route that got Falls Lake till I saw it too was not a Park.
    Dracula likes this.
  9. Dracula

Oddometer:
    No problem for me, I also didn't realize it's not a "park" per se, but enjoyed riding there. The highlight of my ride was following GPS 20 miles only to end up at an army checkpoint and had to turn around and backtrack.. :lol3 I just needed an excuse to ride and this game is perfect.
    BKK-Tom and ncroadtoad like this.
  10. cworley5150

cworley5150 ADV Wannabee

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Great Pic! Should be in a Guzzi brochure.
  11. Flyin'Nut

Flyin'Nut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope someone from south of the border can play. My riding companion texted this morning and said he was out for our planned ride. So what to do? Head east about 50 miles to Lumber River State Park. Beautiful day and beautiful park. This tag game was a great idea![​IMG]
  12. foothillsrider

foothillsrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a problem at all, I had picture permissions problems when I first posted so until I fixed it there was no credit to be given. Cheers!
    ncroadtoad and BKK-Tom like this.
  13. BKK-Tom

BKK-Tom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Roadtoad and I used to rack up a bunch of miles. Things happen, and I haven't written that much. However, in the past 11 days, I've ridden 880 miles, which is how much I road in the past 7 months before this game. I put on new tires today, so, time for some more ridding.
    Dracula and ncroadtoad like this.
  14. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Since I moved to North Carolina my riding has averaged 25,000 miles each year. I love riding long distances, have crossed the USA few times, been to Alaska and NewFoundland on a bike. But as I age, I'll never stop dreaming of horizons, yet stay away from counting miles anymore. I am looking for the experience which so often is just around the corner. Especially these days. Thank you.
    Chris-KH2PM, BKK-Tom and ncroadtoad like this.
  15. ncroadtoad

Oddometer:
    Welcome Flyin'Nut, glad to have you riding along.
    BKK-Tom likes this.
  16. ncroadtoad

Oddometer:
    Sounds like me.., always dreaming about the next ride. When you start looking at aging out in a hand full of years, these virus delays become a real pain in the ass. I've already scrapped a ride to the SW in April to explore dirt roads, stopped planning a return to Newfoundland this year, and am holding off making a reservation at RawHyde Adventures pending a round two with lock downs and sickness. But as you have found, "just around the corner", there are lots of fun places to go, you just have to make the effort. I've got a new tent crying to head to the mountains next month :D
  17. bodine003

bodine003 Long timer

Oddometer:
    question from Florida. Are the NC state parks open for tent camping?? Restrictions? If not any ETA to reopen
    BKK-Tom likes this.
  18. ncroadtoad

Oddometer:
    I didn't hear the Governor today, and haven't seen the news yet, but right now camping is still closed in the parks. Some of them are going to try to open camping on 22 May, but you should check with the park you are interested in to make sure. Good Luck
  19. bodine003

bodine003 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks !! wife wants too get up that way before it gets to hot.
    BKK-Tom likes this.
  20. BKK-Tom

BKK-Tom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had another great ride this morning. The big V felt so good with fresh rubber. I had worn the rear tire down flush with the center wear marks. I picked up three State Parks, Fort Macon, Hammock's Beach, and Cliffs of the Neuse. When I got over to the coast at 08:30, there was very light rain mist, just enough to wet the windshield. But as I rode away from the coast, the sun started shining and the temps came up. I also wanted to see how far I could go on a tank for fuel. I went 227 miles with 31 miles to spare. IMG_8961.JPG IMG_8965.JPG IMG_8964.JPG IMG_8967.JPG IMG_8969.JPG .